Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Anyone hear anything about a shot being fired at the Fredericksburg Gun Show ?

  1. #1
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Anyone hear anything about a shot being fired at the Fredericksburg Gun Show ?

    Apparently someone loaded 3 handguns at a dealer's table, resulting in one customer negligently firing off a .22 into the ceiling.

    Anyone hear this?
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran roscoe13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Catlett, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,134
    I did hear from someone that the show was empty, but no reports of gunfire...

    Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

  3. #3
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Funny you should ask this, I almost always ask the local guys on duty at the front if anyone had a shot go off as they were clearing their gun in the barrel on the way in. They were busy today, so I didn't ask.

    I don't know the answer to the question, but I can say that I do know that the show was nowhere near "empty". I stopped by the VCDL table and they told me it had been absolutely slammed from the first minute the doors were open. I arrived today at about 2PM, and the parking lot was easily 90% full.

    The city PD puts out a daily crime report, I would suppose it will be mentioned there if it happened. Upon checking, it appears the blog on the local newspaper website is more up to date.

    TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 09-17-2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Spell much?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Tx
    Posts
    326
    Used to work gun shows back in the 90s. Checked every gun before and AFTER a potential customer looked at one. Idiots are everywhere!
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

  5. #5
    Regular Member paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,448
    I'm really starting to think either some antis or morons are going into gun shows and loading guns while no one is watching.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  6. #6
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Nothing in today's police report about it.

    http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/city...eport-9172012/

    That is an odd thing to happen, the way ProShooter worded the description, it does almost sound like someone loaded and walked away waiting for a disaster to happen. Talk about a sick person...

    I have an inquiry in to a friend who might know something more definite. We'll see if he responds.

    TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 09-17-2012 at 02:35 PM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671
    I've been poking around the net and havent verified it yet.......still a good safety lesson nonetheless.


    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Nothing in today's police report about it.

    http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/city...eport-9172012/

    That is an odd thing to happen, the way ProShooter worded the description, it does almost sound like someone loaded and walked away waiting for a disaster to happen. Talk about a sick person...

    I have an inquiry in to a friend who might know something more definite. We'll see if he responds.

    TFred
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Central Va
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Apparently someone loaded 3 handguns at a dealer's table, resulting in one customer negligently firing off a .22 into the ceiling.

    Anyone hear this?
    It happened. It was about 4pm on Saturday.

    I was fairly close, but facing the other direction. Apparently, a gentleman picked up a 22 rifle off a table (22 cal. tubular magazine, similar to a Marlin Model 60, not sure though), pointed it toward the ceiling, and it discharged. I was surprised that it was not in the paper, also. I do not know if it resulted in anyone being charged.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by likethelake View Post
    It happened. It was about 4pm on Saturday.

    I was fairly close, but facing the other direction. Apparently, a gentleman picked up a 22 rifle off a table (22 cal. tubular magazine, similar to a Marlin Model 60, not sure though), pointed it toward the ceiling, and it discharged. I was surprised that it was not in the paper, also. I do not know if it resulted in anyone being charged.
    Never go north of the Ni...Never go north of the Ni...Never go north of the Ni...Never go north of the Ni

    Maybe he was aiming at one of hem "Black Helicopters" or Drones they have up there.

    Last edited by peter nap; 09-18-2012 at 11:13 AM.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoe13 View Post
    I did hear from someone that the show was empty, but no reports of gunfire...

    Roscoe
    Guess it did not make a sound ....

  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Maybe he was aiming at one of hem "Black Helicopters" or Drones they have up there.
    They are not black - and besides, saying that is racist!

    They are dark green. How many times do we have to remind you of that? Do we need to send you back for more shock treatments?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  12. #12
    Activist Member nuc65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,121
    Humm, pick up a gun, and pull the trigger.... hmmm... lesson #1 a gun is always loaded lesson #2 when you think a gun is unloaded see lesson #1

    Always fun to go to a gun show and see 'persons' walking around carrying their purchases with finger on the trigger...
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

    excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

  13. #13
    Regular Member crazydude6030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairfax, va
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Never go north of the Ni...Never go north of the Ni...Never go north of the Ni...Never go north of the Ni

    Maybe he was aiming at one of hem "Black Helicopters" or Drones they have up there.

    Peter, its clear you hate NoVA, but at least get your facts right. The Helicopter has been grounded...

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...8db_story.html

  14. #14
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydude6030 View Post
    Peter, its clear you hate NoVA, but at least get your facts right. The Helicopter has been grounded...

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...8db_story.html
    Good thing he didn't know that...he may have fired into the crowd

  15. #15
    Regular Member crazydude6030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairfax, va
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Good thing he didn't know that...he may have fired into the crowd
    Nah, that was a school. He could have only thrown footballs....
    Last edited by crazydude6030; 09-20-2012 at 11:52 AM.

  16. #16
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by crazydude6030 View Post
    Nah, that was a school. He could have only thrown footballs....
    I do have to admit that out of all the many things the Government SquareHeads do to irritate me, that isn't one of them.

    Pretty creative and a pretty good Dad if you ask me!

  17. #17
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I do have to admit that out of all the many things the Government SquareHeads do to irritate me, that isn't one of them.

    Pretty creative and a pretty good Dad if you ask me!
    Looks like he will get in trouble though... Those government types have no sense of humor...

    TFred

  18. #18
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Looks like he will get in trouble though... Those government types have no sense of humor...

    TFred
    Yep!
    They don't seem to mind when those slick seated flyboys buzz my farm at full throttle but get all bent out of shape when this fellow does a harmless favor for his son.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by likethelake View Post
    It happened. It was about 4pm on Saturday.

    I was fairly close, but facing the other direction. Apparently, a gentleman picked up a 22 rifle off a table (22 cal. tubular magazine, similar to a Marlin Model 60, not sure though), pointed it toward the ceiling, and it discharged.
    Hmmmmmmm. Another leaky gym roof.

    Better a leaky roof than a leaky person, I guess.

  20. #20
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Hmmmmmmm. Another leaky gym roof.

    Better a leaky roof than a leaky person, I guess.
    That depends on the person. I know a few I'd pay money and supply the beer and popcorn, to see a few leaks develop!

    Last edited by peter nap; 09-20-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •