• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone hear anything about a shot being fired at the Fredericksburg Gun Show ?

TFred

Funny you should ask this, I almost always ask the local guys on duty at the front if anyone had a shot go off as they were clearing their gun in the barrel on the way in. They were busy today, so I didn't ask.

I don't know the answer to the question, but I can say that I do know that the show was nowhere near "empty". I stopped by the VCDL table and they told me it had been absolutely slammed from the first minute the doors were open. I arrived today at about 2PM, and the parking lot was easily 90% full.

The city PD puts out a daily crime report, I would suppose it will be mentioned there if it happened. Upon checking, it appears the blog on the local newspaper website is more up to date.

TFred

Last edited:

mark-in-texas

Used to work gun shows back in the 90s. Checked every gun before and AFTER a potential customer looked at one. Idiots are everywhere!

TFred

Nothing in today's police report about it.

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/citypolice/2012/09/17/daily-crime-report-9172012/

That is an odd thing to happen, the way ProShooter worded the description, it does almost sound like someone loaded and walked away waiting for a disaster to happen. Talk about a sick person...

I have an inquiry in to a friend who might know something more definite. We'll see if he responds.

TFred

Last edited:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
I've been poking around the net and havent verified it yet.......still a good safety lesson nonetheless.

Nothing in today's police report about it.

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/citypolice/2012/09/17/daily-crime-report-9172012/

That is an odd thing to happen, the way ProShooter worded the description, it does almost sound like someone loaded and walked away waiting for a disaster to happen. Talk about a sick person...

I have an inquiry in to a friend who might know something more definite. We'll see if he responds.

TFred

likethelake

Apparently someone loaded 3 handguns at a dealer's table, resulting in one customer negligently firing off a .22 into the ceiling.

Anyone hear this?

It happened. It was about 4pm on Saturday.

I was fairly close, but facing the other direction. Apparently, a gentleman picked up a 22 rifle off a table (22 cal. tubular magazine, similar to a Marlin Model 60, not sure though), pointed it toward the ceiling, and it discharged. I was surprised that it was not in the paper, also. I do not know if it resulted in anyone being charged.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

I was fairly close, but facing the other direction. Apparently, a gentleman picked up a 22 rifle off a table (22 cal. tubular magazine, similar to a Marlin Model 60, not sure though), pointed it toward the ceiling, and it discharged. I was surprised that it was not in the paper, also. I do not know if it resulted in anyone being charged.

Never go north of the Ni...Never go north of the Ni...Never go north of the Ni...Never go north of the Ni

Maybe he was aiming at one of hem "Black Helicopters" or Drones they have up there.

smiley-rofl.gif

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Maybe he was aiming at one of hem "Black Helicopters" or Drones they have up there.

They are not black - and besides, saying that is racist!

They are dark green. How many times do we have to remind you of that? Do we need to send you back for more shock treatments?

stay safe.

nuc65

Activist Member
Humm, pick up a gun, and pull the trigger.... hmmm... lesson #1 a gun is always loaded lesson #2 when you think a gun is unloaded see lesson #1

Always fun to go to a gun show and see 'persons' walking around carrying their purchases with finger on the trigger...

crazydude6030

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Nah, that was a school. He could have only thrown footballs....

I do have to admit that out of all the many things the Government SquareHeads do to irritate me, that isn't one of them.

Pretty creative and a pretty good Dad if you ask me!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Looks like he will get in trouble though... Those government types have no sense of humor...

TFred

Yep!
They don't seem to mind when those slick seated flyboys buzz my farm at full throttle:cuss: but get all bent out of shape when this fellow does a harmless favor for his son.

Superlite27

I was fairly close, but facing the other direction. Apparently, a gentleman picked up a 22 rifle off a table (22 cal. tubular magazine, similar to a Marlin Model 60, not sure though), pointed it toward the ceiling, and it discharged.

Hmmmmmmm. Another leaky gym roof.

Better a leaky roof than a leaky person, I guess.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hmmmmmmm. Another leaky gym roof.

Better a leaky roof than a leaky person, I guess.

That depends on the person. I know a few I'd pay money and supply the beer and popcorn, to see a few leaks develop:uhoh:!

zeusavagif2_zps1991aec9.gif

Last edited: