• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Culpepper, VA

Justine

Hello. I live in Hampton Roads and OC any time I'm not going somewhere that doesn't permit OC (work, school, military bases). I'm going up to Culpepper, VA at the end of the month to visit a friend and was wondering how OC friendly that area is, and if anyone has had any negative experiences in the area?

Justine

I think you'll find that the people of Culpeper are a lot more tolerant of OC than they are of people misspelling the name of the town:p

LOL Awesome... and my bad! I am a CA transplant to VA, so I do sometimes get the names of places wrong. I love the freedoms of this great state, though! :D

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Based on reports, you will be safer OCing around Culpeper than you might have been sitting in a parked car at a church.:uhoh:

But just to make sure, don't run/drive away when a cop asks to see your permit for that gun you are OCing. Having a digital audio recorder gouing is another rather universal suggestion that is made not because we anticipate needing a recording but "just in case" a recording is needed - sort of one of the reasons why we carry to begin with.

There used to be a couple of fairly good restaurants in Culpeper, but it's been so long since I was there that I'm afraid I'll find out they all closed and changed hands a few times since my last visit.

stay safe.