• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington, MO OC incident.

Redbaron007

This video was recently listed on Glocktalk......presented as very recent. Not very many were complimentary of him. The video was made in May.

OC for ME

Yeah, that dude single handedly, all by himself, with no other assistance what so ever, prevented OC preemption in Missouri this past legislative session. :rolleyes:

kcgunfan

Preemption was dead before this guy took his poorly informed walk. Check the legislature calendar. Don't believe everything you're told. I will concur that he did us no favors though.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Redbaron007

Yeah, that dude single handedly, all by himself, with no other assistance what so ever, prevented OC preemption in Missouri this past legislative session. :rolleyes:

Not to rehash the old thread......but, I think it was more he was the straw that broke the camel's back, with the help of the NRA that thwarted OC legislation; rather than he single-handedly prevented OC legislation. :)

mspgunner

There were many factors that led to the unfortunate events of the last legislative session. Let's just do better in January. Seeds are already planted, the ideas are in place with key legislators. If we don't get any "BAD" press and no one pushes the edges of the envelope good things may come.

2013 May just be a very good year for 2A/OC rights.

There is little to do right now but wait to see what our frinds in capitol city introduce. Then...... encouragement will be the order of the day.

OC for ME

Not to rehash the old thread......but, I think it was more he was the straw that broke the camel's back, with the help of the NRA that thwarted OC legislation; rather than he single-handedly prevented OC legislation. :)
Absolutely true.....but the way folks were hyperventilating over the video/incident you wudda thunk otherwise.

2013.....work in any capacity that you can and kick every NRA "employee" in the shin when you see him.

Absolutely true.....but the way folks were hyperventilating over the video/incident you wudda thunk otherwise.

2013.....work in any capacity that you can and kick every NRA "employee" in the shin when you see him.

I firmly believe that the NRA idiots already had OC pre-emption killed before the video incident ever happened. I also firmly believe that the NRA is anti OC.
NRA membership #01337xxxx. Just because I have a membership doesn't mean that I don't think their lobbyist aren't idiots.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

Perhaps keeping it straight would be a wiser course of action. It is indeed the incident that resulted in a push to ban OC in the town represented by the senator who introduced the FULL preemption bill for us after being asked NOT to do so for solely political reasons.

It is what it is and at no point does anyone need to lie about what happened, even to try and push an agenda.

OC for ME

Did the "town" ban OC? Based on my limited intellect and meager Interwebs perusal abilities it seems that the "town" has not banned OC to date. This ain't the citizen's fault no matter what anyone states, he has done this in the past and everyone knows he will do so again in the future.

Try to tell a coyote to stop barking at night.

Nope, the vermin in Jeff City.....

Nuff said by me.

mspgunner

Did the "town" ban OC? Based on my limited intellect and meager Interwebs perusal abilities it seems that the "town" has not banned OC to date. This ain't the citizen's fault no matter what anyone states, he has done this in the past and everyone knows he will do so again in the future.

Nuff said by me.

Washington MO. did not prohibit OC, won't expand on that, just chalk one up for us. The person who did the OC is much wiser for the event, doing a better job at being an OCer. I'll leave that alone except to say he has joined us for OC gatherings and has a much better uderstanding of what OC freedom is and soem of the do's and don'ts. I won't expand on that either except to say he is better member of the OC community these days and we are all glad to welcome him! We have enough people who are not our friends, I'm glad to see him join our ranks in a positive and productive manner!!!
Probably best to let dead dogs just rot and ignore them and not bring up old wounds that are fadding into distant memories.

we need to focus on the future gains (And we are) and not dwell on the negative lessons of the past. We are on th emove to 2013. We'll know whan something happens in our favor, no hurry even when Jan. rolls around. There will be much to do before the significant events develope............. Stay tuned.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

Nuff said by me.

Nope, they did not ban it. Yes, he will indeed OC again, and he should. No one has ever asked for anything less. It has been asked not to intentionally be antagonistic and stir up folks where it is known they are ready to stir and give the vermin the excuse they want.

as stated it is what it is and it is indeed history.

mspgunner

Nope, they did not ban it. Yes, he will indeed OC again, and he should. No one has ever asked for anything less. It has been asked not to intentionally be antagonistic and stir up folks where it is known they are ready to stir and give the vermin the excuse they want.

as stated it is what it is and it is indeed history.

Exactly.... No one is saying you should give up your rights.
The incident mentioned was to be not well recieved, that was known.
As all OCers learn (eventually) it is not our desire to "get into it" with the law enforcement agencies.

There are rights and there are times when an OCer "will" have an issue with the local LEOs.
To avoid unfavorable encounters saves everyone a lot of headache.

Eventually we will have better statutes, we ar getting closer, best not to tear down the bridge before it is built.
Reasonable is a good word. It's the 5% or so of the places it is an issue that will be addressed!

Patience..... Stay tuned.