Thread: Constitutional Conversations return to Williamsburg Library

Constitutional Conversations return to Williamsburg Library

WILLIAMSBURG - The award-winning series Constitutional Conversations begins its third season by celebrating Constitution Day and the upcoming presidential election.

A special program: "The President and the Constitution: the Scope and Sustainability of Modern Executive Powers," begins Monday, Sept. 17 at 6:30 p.m. in the Williamsburg Library Theatre, 515 Scotland St. Admission is free.

http://www.vagazette.com/news/newsle...,7802364.story
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

I OC'd to this event tonight. The topic was Executive Powers v the Constitution.

One of the guest speakers was Delegate Mike Watson (R 93rd). At the end of the program, I went up to him and asked him if he was aware of the VDOT sponsored Great Peninsula Traffic Snafu this past weekend. He replied that he was not only familiar with it, he sat in it. I asked him to ask the VDOT Director "What the hell were you thinking?", but to punctuate the question as "What the hell!. Were you thinking?". I said that I'd like his reply to be published.

Delegate Watson was in full agreement that this situation could/should have been handled differently.

It seems that our governor has ceded his executive powers to VDOT.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    I OC'd to this event tonight. The topic was Executive Powers v the Constitution.

One of the guest speakers was Delegate Mike Watson (R 93rd). At the end of the program, I went up to him and asked him if he was aware of the VDOT sponsored Great Peninsula Traffic Snafu this past weekend. He replied that he was not only familiar with it, he sat in it. I asked him to ask the VDOT Director "What the hell were you thinking?", but to punctuate the question as "What the hell!. Were you thinking?". I said that I'd like his reply to be published.

Delegate Watson was in full agreement that this situation could/should have been handled differently.

It seems that our governor has ceded his executive powers to VDOT.
    I wish I could have gotten my moniker for this fiasco out in the media---I call it "the perfect storm of collossal incompetence." Everything they could throw at us, they did throw--it was like it was intentional. I guess no one is being fired for this event. That in itself shows how screwed we are as a people, that we can be so abused, and no one has to suffer the consequences. Disgusting.
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

For the great many of us who don't live anywhere nearby, and therefore don't have a clue what you are talking about... what happened?

TFred

UPDATE: Well, what do you know, I googled "Great Peninsula Traffic Snafu" on a lark, and it actually popped out the story. Wow!

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/traffic/vdot...-closing-snafu
    Last edited by TFred; 09-19-2012 at 12:01 PM.