• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Everywhere I went this weekend saw someone OCing

28kfps

Everywhere I went this weekend saw someone OCing.
Even though it is not that uncommon in Pahrump to see another OCers I was a little surprised this weekend to see 6 different persons OCing during one trip to Smiths, two trips to Wal-Mart and a trip to Papa John’s. Saw one guy with a tactical leg rig going into Wal-Mart assuming the lady and kids he was with were his wife and two young daughters. Thinking there is a farther that really cares for his family. Once again at one point while in the Wal-Mart counting myself three were OCing.
I did get a chance to introduce myself to the guy in Smiths, had a short shat about OCing everywhere he said the same. I asked if he every checked OC-dot-org and was surprised when he said no. I suggested that he does there is a lot of good info; he said he would and thanks. Hopefully some day it will become that common for all of Nevada.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I was wondering that. I'm actually taking a class at Front Sight this week, it was offered by Ammunition Supply Warehouse in Pahrump. I haven't gotten the impression that Front Sight is encouraging or even informing about OC in NV during their stay. It would be nice if they did.

In the letter they show us (written in 1999) they pass along a request from then Sheriff that all guns being transported through Clark County be unloaded and in the trunk. That pissed me off.

28kfps

This was varying times of the day. The one guy with his family I believe did not just come from Front Site nor did the guy in Smiths dressed very nice for standing in the desert dirt and heat all day. My guess is just more of the usual Pahrump Ocers were out. The few of the front site costumers that I have talked to visiting Pahrump did not open carry. Occasional see them in Wall Mart with empty holsters on their hips. I guess uncertain of the NV law. Many are from Commufornia. Talked to a group at a gas station, the conversation starts after they see my open carried firearm. One of the reasons they were not open carrying is Front Site makes deals with some of the Las Vegas Hotels. In doing so they make agreements they will tell their Front Site customers to lock their guns in their cars while on hotel property and these guys just thought it was easier to lock them up and get them out the next day.