• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisa County Domestc Relations Court ordered not to carry

Gil223

The Louisa County Domestc Relations Court apparently sees no reason for me to have a gun on my person while picking up or dropping off my children for visitation. They have thusly court ordered me not to have a gun on my erson suring pick up, drop off or transport of my children.

The court does not need to see a reason for you to have a gun on your person, but they should be able to give you a legal reason you shouldn't. Something a little more realistic than the judge simply saying, "I personally don't like it." The reason you may carry is 2A and your state-issued CHP. However, you may want to forgo O/C at those locations, in favor of your CHP, and during transport of the children to-and-from. :) Pax...

Last edited:

nuc65

Activist Member
Practical application: can you imagine a world in which a Virginia Circuit Court is going to order a district judge to stop issuing orders governing firearm possession and providing a plaintiff with an award of attorneys' fees?

Under the law, yes.

TFred

Practical application: can you imagine a world in which a Virginia Circuit Court is going to order a district judge to stop issuing orders governing firearm possession and providing a plaintiff with an award of attorneys' fees?
It would probably cost a fortune in legal fees to get it to a high enough court to make it happen, but perhaps eventually. And boy would it make for some interesting news coverage!

TFred

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP 15.2-915 only applies to...I think this is one of those gray, interstitial areas in the code where the legislature didn't consider every possible situation in which one might think of applying a particular statute.

Hey! :cuss: No fair using big words!

Dammit, now I gotta go find my dictionary! :D

ETA: Oh, for pete's sake! "interstitial: of or having to do with interstices."

ETA2: Now we're getting somewhere. "interstices: small or narrow spaces or intervals between things or parts."

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
"Your honor, I would do ANYTHING to protect my children." "It's for the children." Repeat.

This is right along the lines of something I was thinking. Lets assume for a moment that the OPers problem extends to the entire period of visitation and that he made no violence or threats.

I would say there is a lie hiding in the judge's order. It is not a real decision allowing visitation. It is a denial of visitation masquerading as authorization. Authorizing visitation in one breath, while in the next breath denying the fundamental human right to defend the children should the need arise is not really a granting of visitation. It is a pretended granting. It is basically saying, "you can knowingly bring the children into an environment where you must watch them die as you stand defenseless if you want."

You're darn tootin the gun is for the children. Presumably, so is the visitation in part. Assuming no violence or threats on the part of the father, there is no reason the gun and visitation should be separated by a costumed government lawyer.