Thread: site went down for a few minutes around time period of 2:00-220pm today

Banned

site went down for a few minutes around time period of 2:00-220pm today

Just a FYI ... new server an all

Wouldn't that be better sent as a PM to the Administrator?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

If the site went down for ~20 minutes how exactly could he PM a admin about the site going down? When it came back up.....either a moot point or the admin noticed the outage and "fixed" it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Just a FYI ... new server an all
    It actually wasn't the site. It was the entire Linode datacenter in Atlanta whose comms were briefly interrupted.

The new server itself, I am proud to say, is working great in conjunction with the Cloudflare threat protection! We suffered a significant DOS attack a few nights ago and not only did the server handle it remarkably well, but a single entry in the Cloudflare threat management system shut down the attack!

The new architecture is about double the cost of the old server but WELL worth it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Pierce View Post
    It actually wasn't the site. It was the entire Linode datacenter in Atlanta whose comms were briefly interrupted.

The new server itself, I am proud to say, is working great in conjunction with the Cloudflare threat protection! We suffered a significant DOS attack a few nights ago and not only did the server handle it remarkably well, but a single entry in the Cloudflare threat management system shut down the attack!

The new architecture is about double the cost of the old server but WELL worth it.
    Server was being worked on and will be for a few more days ... I did not think anything of it really, but given the admin wanted this feedback - I provided it. DOS attack? That mean "Democrats Obsession with Stupidity" ...