Thread: RU willing to render students defenseless?

RU willing to render students defenseless?

Despite the harsh lesson learned at Virginia Tech and the very real threat of future lawsuits, more and more of Virginia’s public colleges and universities have been passing regulations banning carry on campus after Attorney General Cuccinelli issued an opinion that university policies do not overrule state-issued concealed carry permits but properly promulgated regulations, which have the force and effect of law, do.

At that brings us to today’s update. Sadly, last Friday, the Radford University Board of Visitors voted to join this trend.

Read more at
    http://monachuslex.com/?p=2030

Banned
    Does not make the OP feel safer ... feelings, oh-oh-oh-feelings .... feelings mean squat.

More commie pinkos !
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-18-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: forgot an "oh"

Virginia doesn't have a preemption statute? Doesn't matter if these regulations "have the force of law" if it's invalid law.

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Virginia doesn't have a preemption statute? Doesn't matter if these regulations "have the force of law" if it's invalid law.
    Virginia's preemption statute applies to localities / municipalities but NOT to state agencies and the regulations they lawfully promulgate. That is high on the list of needed changes.

Simple solution.....do not go to any campi that bans guns.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    That is not an option for students whose future depends upon getting a college education and a particular school is the best choice for a variety of reasons (reputation in the field, scholarship opportunities, regional convenience, etc).

These are PUBLIC colleges and universities and should respect the rights of all citizens!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    They give you rape whistles ! Rape whistles ! Oh brother.

Keep the Faith!

Quote Originally Posted by John Pierce View Post
    That is not an option for students whose future depends upon getting a college education and a particular school is the best choice for a variety of reasons (reputation in the field, scholarship opportunities, regional convenience, etc).

These are PUBLIC colleges and universities and should respect the rights of all citizens!
    Very true if you desire to attend a classroom.

There are many high quality institutions of higher learning that now provide on-line learning. Some of the most prestigious institutions of higher learning by the way. So, if the student desires the ambiance of college life then go forth unarmed. If you desire a high quality and marketable education there are options, many more than there used to be.

As i previously stated - Simple solution.....do not go to any campi that bans guns.

When I went to college I went for the "education" (wink-wink nod-nod).
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare