• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

state farm anti 2a

cptstoney

i got re-ended last week and was finally able to bring my rig into the other drivers insurance est. center(fairfax location) which happened to be state farm.

there is a big ol'sign on the customer entrance stating firearms are not allowed on premise.

i didnt push the issue since i was there to get my rig taken care of and i still have to deal with the medical claim.

i could get a pic of the sign if that matters but it wouldn't be for a few days.

just wanted to give everyone a heads up that goes thru them for auto insurance.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
When you hear how much they are proposing to give you, you will understand why the gun-buster sign.

stay safe.

cptstoney

When you hear how much they are proposing to give you, you will understand why the gun-buster sign.

stay safe.

lol

they cut me a $1,500 check and it only cost me $170 to fix the damage myself...... i'm pretty happy with that considering it allowed me to finish my AR build a few months early :)

my jeep is not the prettiest nor nicest jeep on the road. it's a rockcrawling monster forged in the fires of Toledo so alil body damage doesn't hurt my feelings. :lol:

davidmcbeth

Banned
lol

they cut me a $1,500 check and it only cost me $170 to fix the damage myself...... i'm pretty happy with that considering it allowed me to finish my AR build a few months early :)

my jeep is not the prettiest nor nicest jeep on the road. it's a rockcrawling monster forged in the fires of Toledo so alil body damage doesn't hurt my feelings. :lol:

Good for you .. stickin-it to the man.

SovereignAxe

I wouldn't say it's company policy, as I've never had any problems at my local agent's office. I think I've OCed there 3 or 4 times without any word of it.

Tanner

i got re-ended last week and was finally able to bring my rig into the other drivers insurance est. center(fairfax location) which happened to be state farm.

there is a big ol'sign on the customer entrance stating firearms are not allowed on premise.

i didnt push the issue since i was there to get my rig taken care of and i still have to deal with the medical claim.

i could get a pic of the sign if that matters but it wouldn't be for a few days.

just wanted to give everyone a heads up that goes thru them for auto insurance.

I support our right to walk around with our arms on fire! :mad:

cptstoney

On a more serious note, do you plan on pursuing the issue once the claim has gone through?

i plan on going over there and asking to speak to mang. and having a nice lil disscussion with them but i have a feeling it wont go far at all. skidmark's comment early in the thread makes sense, it was literally the first thing that came to mind when i saw the sign.

acfreddie

The State Farm agent that I use (can be found in a previous posting I made) had no such sign and had no problems with the wife and I OC'ing in their office when we were there multiple times. I would be very interested in if this is a corporate policy or just an isolated agent/location making their own decision without corporate knowledge.

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
I often have to remind myself that Fairfax is still technically Virginia.. the number of friends I have had relate non gun friendly incidents up there makes me not want to hurry back.

Last edited:

cptstoney

The State Farm agent that I use (can be found in a previous posting I made) had no such sign and had no problems with the wife and I OC'ing in their office when we were there multiple times. I would be very interested in if this is a corporate policy or just an isolated agent/location making their own decision without corporate knowledge.

i have a feeling independent agents are considered "sub contractors" (for a lack of a better term) and they would be allowed to follow whatever rule's they see fit about carrying a firearm in on their property.

cptstoney

I often have to remind myself that Fairfax is still technically Virginia.. the number of friends I have had relate non gun friendly incidents up there makes me not want to hurry back.

please dont hurry back there are already enough people up here........

i get the "OMG he has a gun" whispers when carrying around fairfax all the time.

i hit 81 or 64 and get "dude nice pistol" instead.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
please dont hurry back there are already enough people up here........

i get the "OMG he has a gun" whispers when carrying around fairfax all the time.

i hit 81 or 64 and get "dude nice pistol" instead.

It's sad to see good people trapped behind enemy lines!:uhoh:
Watch for the sign when all prisoners will be released.:rolleyes:

Ric in Richmond

Paging Ric in Richmond! Where are you????????????? LOL!!

Right here.

In my office.

Sometimes its like a gun show in here.

Not going to comment on corporate policy. There are some things that I disagree with that I just know I personally am not going to get changed. You pick your fights. If you want to fight that battle have at it.

You want an AGENT that welcomes your lawfully carried firearm...PM me.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Right here.

In my office.

Sometimes its like a gun show in here.

Not going to comment on corporate policy. There are some things that I disagree with that I just know I personally am not going to get changed. You pick your fights. If you want to fight that battle have at it.

You want an AGENT that welcomes your lawfully carried firearm...PM me.

I knew you'd make an appearance as soon as I lit up the bat signal!

batsignal_01.jpg