• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

state farm anti 2a

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
hey not all 703'ers are crazy :)

sadly the vast majority are....... i'm surounded be dee-da-dee's.

For the few decent people trapped in Mary Land to be:lol:.....
There is an old Bob Dylan song for you:

Clowns to the left of me!
Jokers to the right!
Here I am
stuck in the middle with you.

Last edited:

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
please dont hurry back there are already enough people up here........

i get the "OMG he has a gun" whispers when carrying around fairfax all the time.

i hit 81 or 64 and get "dude nice pistol" instead.

Heh.. Usually not a problem staying away, unless I am in need of a Wegmans, or maybe that Peking Duck place in Fall's Church. I dont even answer headhunter calls from NOVA anymore lately.

I did get some strange looks in Charlottesville recently on main street until they saw my kids with me.

scouser

Jokers to the right!
Here I am

except .. it's not Bob Dylan's. Recorded by Stealers Wheel in 1972 or 73, it was written by Gerry Rafferty.

B. Reddy

Heh.. Usually not a problem staying away, unless I am in need of a Wegmans, or maybe that Peking Duck place in Fall's Church. I dont even answer headhunter calls from NOVA anymore lately.

I did get some strange looks in Charlottesville recently on main street until they saw my kids with me.

Skeptic- you'll be able to save a ton of gas money AND still get that "Fairfax" experience when C-ville opens up their Wegmans in 2015.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/19530778/albemarle-supervisors-approve-wegmans-zoning-change

user

Accomplished Advocate
It's sad to see good people trapped behind enemy lines!:uhoh:
Watch for the sign when all prisoners will be released.:rolleyes:

Back when Alexandria was a sleepy, Southern town of 10,000 souls, I used to talk about how we were defending the borders. Now I'm happy to have escaped to the fringes of civilization in Fauquier Co.; we had to retreat and let 'em advance - there were just too many of 'em, savage, mean-spirited, barbarian hordes. And I don't think they're done - there's a reason for the phrase, "Yankee imperialists".

Last edited:

Marco

Must have been tourist or folks thinking that's not the guy we normally see around here, this guy's gun is much smaller. :)

I dropped State farm yrs ago.. not carry related.. wish I had done it sooner..
Just to keep things on topic I did oc in my State Farm agents office but I don't think he noticed, at least he never said anything.
His current office is above a gunshop in herndon, he is not a good ins agent imho..

Tanner

Jokers to the right!
Here I am

HA HA! and then the out of towner gets his or her ear cut off! But fear not mr pink will save the day! Cuz you just dont mess with the Buscemi :monkey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
except .. it's not Bob Dylan's. Recorded by Stealers Wheel in 1972 or 73, it was written by Gerry Rafferty.

Dylan did it first Scouser. Stealers just made it famous. Dylan was a gifted song writer but as a singer....he put people to sleep.

Correction....You're right, Stealers did write it an preform it first. Dylan sang it later since it was written about him. Live and learn.

Last edited: