Thread: New guy with questions.

New guy with questions.

Hello all!, I just came across this site while looking for info on getting my FFL in ct (New Haven). The reason I wanted a FFL was to have the ability to buy fire arms - pistols/rifles and have it come to me and not a store where I have to pay $30-$59 to get it. I'm not interested in selling them to anyone, I just don't wanna have to cough up cash to a 'middle man', any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sakudi View Post
    Hello all!, I just came across this site while looking for info on getting my FFL in ct (New Haven). The reason I wanted a FFL was to have the ability to buy fire arms - pistols/rifles and have it come to me and not a store where I have to pay $30-$59 to get it. I'm not interested in selling them to anyone, I just don't wanna have to cough up cash to a 'middle man', any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    It is my understanding that to be a FFL, you need a properly approved location, business license and must actually "do" business. Lots of paperwork, lot of headaches.

You could consider a Collector/Curio license, but that won't work for most modern guns. I am not well informed on these rules, so perhaps someone else can offer more details.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/nati...-firearms.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Re: New guy with questions.

Zoning, approval of building owner, CT pistol permit then fill out the FFL application.

You must be in the business of selling guns. The BATFE DOES NOT like people applying for FFLs then not selling guns.

Grapeshot is correct you could get a 03(c&r) ffl. But that only applies you to receive firearms that are on the C&R list.

Ask me how I know
    Last edited by SPOProds; 09-18-2012 at 05:24 PM.