• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy with questions.

sakudi

Hello all!, I just came across this site while looking for info on getting my FFL in ct (New Haven). The reason I wanted a FFL was to have the ability to buy fire arms - pistols/rifles and have it come to me and not a store where I have to pay $30-$59 to get it. I'm not interested in selling them to anyone, I just don't wanna have to cough up cash to a 'middle man', any advice will be greatly appreciated.:)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hello all!, I just came across this site while looking for info on getting my FFL in ct (New Haven). The reason I wanted a FFL was to have the ability to buy fire arms - pistols/rifles and have it come to me and not a store where I have to pay $30-$59 to get it. I'm not interested in selling them to anyone, I just don't wanna have to cough up cash to a 'middle man', any advice will be greatly appreciated.:)

It is my understanding that to be a FFL, you need a properly approved location, business license and must actually "do" business. Lots of paperwork, lot of headaches.

You could consider a Collector/Curio license, but that won't work for most modern guns. I am not well informed on these rules, so perhaps someone else can offer more details.
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-firearms.html

SPOProds

Zoning, approval of building owner, CT pistol permit then fill out the FFL application.

You must be in the business of selling guns. The BATFE DOES NOT like people applying for FFLs then not selling guns.

Grapeshot is correct you could get a 03(c&r) ffl. But that only applies you to receive firearms that are on the C&R list.

Ask me how I know ;)

Last edited: