• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where CAN'T you carry?

Paul En Noir

In the state of Nevada (even Las Vegas), many if not most places have relaxed about our right to carry. And that's great! If you feel inclined to be armed at all times, the constitution (both Federal and State) and law are for the most part behind you (unless your idea of an open carry weapon is say, a full machine gun).

HOWEVER, not all businesses are keen on us being protected in their establishment. And personally, I don't condone any hostile acts towards their establishments or personnel, neither physically nor even verbally. If they can't be convinced in a calm conversation, I propose we calmly walk out and take our business to companies that actually want it. And tell your friends and family not to shop there, and via this forum, give the rest of us a heads up.

If they don't like our guns, they must not like our money either.

MP_4_Life

I think this is a GREAT idea. Make a list of establishments that refuse us because of our rights, make sure the rest of us here know where to avoid. Obviously these companies that will turn away our money aren't worried about the economy affecting their business, so why should we help them, lol.

Hopefully I'll have my new handgun on Nov. 1st and I will ALWAYS be open carrying like before and will be posting here any shops that refuse our people service.

Might we possibly get this stickied so it's easy to find?

FallonJeeper

I think this is a GREAT idea. Make a list of establishments that refuse us because of our rights, make sure the rest of us here know where to avoid. Obviously these companies that will turn away our money aren't worried about the economy affecting their business, so why should we help them, lol.

Hopefully I'll have my new handgun on Nov. 1st and I will ALWAYS be open carrying like before and will be posting here any shops that refuse our people service.

The only problem with this is people have different experiences at these establishments and the list is ever changing. Most of this is covered in the "Where did you carry" sticky thread.

Last edited:

b0neZ

The only problem with this is people have different experiences at these establishments and the list is ever changing. Most of this is covered in the "Where did you carry" sticky thread.

This.

Though I won't vouch for its accuracy, another place to check is friendorfoe.us.

Carry on and stay safe.

Paul En Noir

Thank you!

And to the others, the idea was to condense the list from the "where can you carry" thread. I mean, they have a long list of places you can carry... but you really have to look to find the un-friendly businesses.

And, one for this list, Knives & More on Sahara, west of the Las Vegas Freeway in LV. I walked in, looking for a small fixed blade to accompany my holster. Immediately on entering, I was greeted with cases upon cases of bladed weaponry. By the counter, there were 2 men discussing a particular companies production of a model of knife. And I couldn't have been gazing into the cases for more than 30 seconds trying to find a single-edged knife less than 4 inches when I hear from the counter "ya gotta take the gun outside". Without even looking at the guy behind the counter, I said "gotcha", put my sunglasses on, and walked out the door. I know I said you should calmly try reason... but the guy was selling weapons, and asking me to leave the weapon I had securely holstered outside his arms dealership. Just didn't add up to me.

Paul En Noir

To those who have more positive experiences, please, offer a counter-review of any location listed. But for me, because I'm a jackass, if someone lists a negative review here, I'll avoid the store. I mean, why patron a company that says it's ok for one holster, but not another?... provided we are talking about a holstered gun. I don't have the same sympathy for the guy walking around with a rifle in hand...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...I hear from the counter "ya gotta take the gun outside". Without even looking at the guy behind the counter, I said "gotcha", put my sunglasses on, and walked out the door. I know I said you should calmly try reason... but the guy was selling weapons, and asking me to leave the weapon I had securely holstered outside his arms dealership. Just didn't add up to me.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. In fact, it surely only took a few minutes for them to realize you weren't coming back. That's all the "reason" he needed to "hear."

MKEgal

Welcome aboard, all you new people. :D
MP_4_Life said:
I think this is a GREAT idea. Make a list of establishments that refuse us because of our rights, make sure the rest of us here know where to avoid.
As someone else pointed out www.friendorfoe.us is a useful tool. The more people who use it, the more useful it becomes.
There's also the search feature for this site, or browsing your state's forum.

And other than just walking out of a business (which, if they have 2 brain cells to rub together, the clerk / manager / whoever will eventually figure out they lost you as a customer) take names,
tell them explicitly that you won't be spending money at their establishment,
tell them that you'll be letting your friends know they're not welcome there,
then write to the company (HQ, owner, whomever is making the high-level decisions about refusing customers) & tell them how you were treated.

Offer them the opportunity to tell you that this is not company policy, that the employee was acting way above his pay grade, that you (your money, your friends & their money) are indeed welcome.
And remind them that if their employee accurately represented company policy, you won't be back & you'll tell your friends.
Oh, and that a criminal intent on robbing them & harming people won't give a fig about their policy, other than to appreciate that it makes his 'job' easier.