• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This is How Things SHOULD Be Handled...

DooFster

I just finished making this video. I apologize for the crudity of it, but I believe this is how all encounters with LEO's should go...

[video=youtube;4eKKmpp1Leo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eKKmpp1Leo&feature=share&list=UL4eKKmpp1Leo[/video]​

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You're supposed to ask three times to confirm you are not being detained?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Man, that's not how I talk to the po po. The guy did not say "I pay your salary" or "you're the detective, figure it out for yourself" or "aren't there any children you could be molesting right now at the airport instead of hassling me here" or "your mother did not ask for an ID last night" or "bananas!" or "I got rights" or "what's your badge number" or "look I'm late, I'm meeting a cop's wife whose husband is working" or, in my normal mode (not cranked up on a 44oz soda):

turn around and leave ...

DON`T TREAD ON ME

If I were to make a video of a cop doing well, it would be close to this:

Cop acknowledge4s Citizen with firearm,

Cop recalls his sworn oath to uphold constitution,

Cop finds something productive to do.

twoskinsonemanns

I applaud the civility. The problem is the OCer voluntarily stayed even after told he was not being detained. No good. If you are told "no your not being detained buuuuuuuuuuuut I really need to find out who you are and if you are legal." Then IMHO the encounter is consensual if you stick around.