• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recently was on the light rail....

davidmcbeth

Banned
Here is ST's official response... It is interesting she specifically made reference to open-carrying... If anyone would like me to forward them the e-mail to print out and carry with you (If you ride Sound Transit) then PM me your e-mail address.

Thank you for contacting Sound Transit Keith.
Weapons are allowed by those who are legally permitted to carry. We prefer those folks to carry concealed and discourage open carry as we are still technically a vehicle.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Denene Dean

Sound Transit
401 South Jackson St.
Seattle, WA 98104
denene.dean@soundtransit.org
Desk 206.398.5265

I would put that over their commie signs....

skeith5

hmmm, sounds as if they don't understand that having a CPL leaves folks the choice of how to carry, it doesn't require concealed carry.

You can't open carry in a vehicle unless you have your CPL. I would imagine that they would rather not have to figure out who is carrying legally or illegally as well as avoiding the Man with a gun calls that would inevitably happen if you were to open carry on the light rail.

Scott

Tawnos

You can't open carry in a vehicle unless you have your CPL. I would imagine that they would rather not have to figure out who is carrying legally or illegally as well as avoiding the Man with a gun calls that would inevitably happen if you were to open carry on the light rail.

Scott

Correction, you can't LOADED open carry.

rapgood

This is from the Sound Transit Website: http://www.soundtransit.org/Rider-Guide/Getting-started/Rules-for-riding.xml
  • No hazardous, explosive or corrosive materials.
  • No unlawful weapons or firearms.
  • No soliciting.

Note: I've only included the portion that addresses firearms, plus the one immediately before and immediately after.

This tells me that, since my weapons are legal and so am I, that I can ride with impunity. Of course, WE all know that any attempt on their part to prevent us illegal.

Whew! What a relief now that THAT'S been clarified! And here, all of these years, I've been under the misunderstanding that explosive and corrosive materials were hazardous! :dimple::dent:

Vitaeus

you cannot carry loaded without a CPL, I believe the term is Israeli style, none in the chamber and remove the magazine prior to boarding.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050 , 2(a)

As far as the MWAG calls the dispatcher should be heading those off, since carry of a holstered firearm is not a crime, unless the individual is a prohibited person, etc.

Nice long discussion of this in regards to vehicles and .050 and .060 http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?105615-9-41-050-and-9-41-060-discussion

Tawnos

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?page=2&term=loaded

Take your pick, but I would be willing to bet hes hinting at #11 :D

That is also not technically illegal. The three prongs of 9.41.270 are not met, even by a "loaded" person. Although there's the forfeiture clause, which states that if you're in a place where a CPL is required. Yet a train isn't a place where a CPL is required, it's under circumstances if and only if the firearm is loaded. Places where firearms are required are stadiums or convention centers restricted by city, town, etc policy.

Basically, I don't find the joke funny, because it spreads a common misconception about the law.