• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach

wrearick

I think I would reply to him that I would never visit his museum and would discourage any and all people I know from visiting. Further I would be posting the conversations/email exchange on the forum (link them in) and discourage everyone here from visiting.

I would also advise him that I would be forwarding the email exchange to VDCL and request they post it on their information site and emails they send out and discourage their 1.2 million members from visiting and suggest those members discourage their friends from visiting that museum.

Then do it. The best way to get someone to change a policy is to reduce their incoming cash flow. That always gets their attention.

Nemo

already did that and copied leadership@vcdl.org on the email. Several executive board members have replied to me and or sent personal emails to Mike.

wrearick

VCDL link and numbers + GOA and JPFO + don't forget OCDO - hit them with a broadside.......politely. :)

He was already provided the link to this thread. Not sure I am familiar with GOA and JPFO, but I can forward them the email chain I sent to VCDL if anyone has an email address for a contact there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
He was already provided the link to this thread. Not sure I am familiar with GOA and JPFO, but I can forward them the email chain I sent to VCDL if anyone has an email address for a contact there.
GOA = Gun Owners of America
"Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a gun rights organization in the United States with over 1.5 million members. It makes efforts to differentiate itself from the larger National Rifle Association (NRA), and has publicly criticized the NRA on multiple occasions for allegedly compromising on gun rights issues and thereby selling out the gun rights movement."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Owners_of_America

Contact info:
http://gunowners.net/cgi-bin/ttx.cgi?cmd=newticket

JPFO = Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
"Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO) is a group dedicated to the preservation of gun rights in the United States and "to encourage Americans to understand and defend all of the Bill of Rights for everyone". The group was founded by former firearms dealer Aaron S. Zelman in 1989. The JPFO interprets the Second Amendment as recognizing a pre-existing natural right of individuals to keep and bear arms. It is based in Hartford, Wisconsin."

JPFO takes the position that an armed citizenry is the population's last line of defense against tyranny by their own government. The organization is noted for producing materials (bumper stickers, posters, billboards, booklets, videos, etc.) with messages that equate gun control with totalitarianism. The most famous of these are the "All in favor of Gun Control raise your right hand" materials, which features a drawing of Hitler giving a Nazi salute. The organization also attempts to prove that genocide is linked to gun control, by showing that most countries where a genocide has taken place had gun control first."

"Members do not have to be Jewish. The only membership requirement is that you be a "law-abiding citizen," by "obeying the Bill of Rights." "

PFPO merged with SAF (the Second Amendment Foundation) in 2014.

Contact them at:
https://www.saf.org/contact-us-2/

ineedshoes

I hadn't visited OCDO since I posted about my experience and just now noticed the traffic. Thanks to those that took the baton forward--truly an OCDO community effort.