• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

paintball marker

FallonJeeper

You have to be 21, in the State of Nevada to get a Nevada Concealed Firearm Permit.

NEVADA CONCEALED FIREARM PERMIT

NRS 202.3657 Application for permit; eligibility; denial or revocation of permit.

1. Any person who is a resident of this State may apply to the sheriff of the county in which he or she resides for a permit on a form prescribed by regulation of the Department. Any person who is not a resident of this State may apply to the sheriff of any county in this State for a permit on a form prescribed by regulation of the Department. Application forms for permits must be furnished by the sheriff of each county upon request.

2. A person applying for a permit may submit one application and obtain one permit to carry all revolvers and semiautomatic firearms owned by the person. The person must not be required to list and identify on the application each revolver or semiautomatic firearm owned by the person. A permit must list each category of firearm to which the permit pertains and is valid for any revolver or semiautomatic firearm which is owned or thereafter obtained by the person to whom the permit is issued.

3. Except as otherwise provided in this section, the sheriff shall issue a permit for revolvers, semiautomatic firearms or both, as applicable, to any person who is qualified to possess the firearms to which the application pertains under state and federal law, who submits an application in accordance with the provisions of this section and who:

[B](a) Is 21 years of age or older[/B];

(b) Is not prohibited from possessing a firearm pursuant to NRS 202.360; and

(c) Demonstrates competence with revolvers, semiautomatic firearms or both, as applicable, by presenting a certificate or other documentation to the sheriff which shows that the applicant:

(1) Successfully completed a course in firearm safety approved by a sheriff in this State; or

(2) Successfully completed a course in firearm safety offered by a federal, state or local law enforcement agency, community college, university or national organization that certifies instructors in firearm safety.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

I would like to take a second and give a huge thanks to everyone helping! Your the future of America... I was also curious how old I would have to be to get a concealed weapons permit? ... also what "sticky?"

While I wont discourage you from getting and carrying a firearm. You need some skills. Like knowing what a sticky is and where to find it. This forum and the MANY threads have many if not all of your answers. Take the time and slow down and read a bit.

Frantic84

Where can I find a list of states that approve of a Nevada blue card holder for open carrying?

Blue card is a (constitution violating) gun registration it has no relation to carry of a firearm. every state is different handgunlaw.us is a good place to look, for example texas and California do not allow open carry. Nevada has no law regulating open carry and by default makes it legal. Arizona is a Constitutional Carry state with carry open or concealed without a permit.

Last edited:

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
The blue card is just a Clark County registration card. It has nothing to do with open carry, other than the fact that you must have a blue card to own a handgun in Clark County. The card means nothing outside of Clark County.

Every state has their own set of laws regarding open carry. Here is a good starting place for finding what states allow open carry: http://www.opencarry.org/opencarry.html

Before you start to open carry though, you should learn all of the laws that apply so you don't make the mistake of carrying into a place that bans guns. A good starting place for Nevada laws on carry is here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?45415-Nevada-(Open)-Carry-Pamphlet

A solid understanding of self-defense law, gun safety, and proficiency with using a firearm are also important.

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

I recommend, before you turn 18 and start openly carrying a firearm, you sit down with an experienced OC'er and have lunch. You'd be surprised how much there is to know. If I lived in LV, I'd invite you myself. But sitting down, with the trifold pamphlet and having your questions, and some you don't know to ask, answered in a relaxing atmosphere will be the best experience.

In the mean time, read the laws, read the forums, and keep asking questions.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... other than the fact that you must have a blue card to own a handgun in Clark County...

Clarification: the blue card is a receipt. You are under no obligation to retain it after registration, much less carry it.

For as long as much of Clark County is requiring a 3-day waiting period (also probably unlawfully), it is recommended that you retain at least one of your blue cards to use as proof of current registration of a handgun, which saves another 3-day waiting period when buying another handgun.

b0neZ

For as long as much of Clark County is requiring a 3-day waiting period (also probably unlawfully), it is recommended that you retain at least one of your blue cards to use as proof of current registration of a handgun, which saves another 3-day waiting period when buying another handgun.

Wait what?!? A 3 day wait? What if a resident from Reno that is just down in LV on vacation finds something they just can't resist at, say, NFA? Does that waiting period still apply?

Merlin

I recommend, before you turn 18 and start openly carrying a firearm, you sit down with an experienced OC'er and have lunch. You'd be surprised how much there is to know. If I lived in LV, I'd invite you myself. But sitting down, with the trifold pamphlet and having your questions, and some you don't know to ask, answered in a relaxing atmosphere will be the best experience.

In the mean time, read the laws, read the forums, and keep asking questions.

Come out to the OC BBQ next weekend, that oughtta do it. Find the sticky. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

jt112411

I am a little confused on something I'm looking up.. in Clark county you can open carry a pistol with rounds in the mag. But can you put one in the chamber then slap another one in the mag and be legal?... also any recommendations on holsters for a glock 22 .40 Cal. And mag pouch. That I can be very active and not have to worry to much about anything slipping out?

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I am a little confused on something I'm looking up.. in Clark county you can open carry a pistol with rounds in the mag. But can you put one in the chamber then slap another one in the mag and be legal?... also any recommendations on holsters for a glock 22 .40 Cal. And mag pouch. That I can be very active and not have to worry to much about anything slipping out?

In the entire state of NV, if you are legal to be in possession of a handgun, it can be fully loaded. Holsters are personal to a great degree. You should find a good stocking dealer that will let you try some out. COMFORT can vary widely and is an important consideration. I can't tell you how many students I get that have a $700 sidearm and either no holster or a $5 POS. If you aren't spending at least $40 on your holster, it probably isn't right for the job.