Thread: Warrior Mentality, 7 year old girl intervenes in kindnapping, saves cousin

Warrior Mentality, 7 year old girl intervenes in kindnapping, saves cousin

Now some people will say "obviously the kidnapper was crazy and didn't try to fight back against the girl" that's irrelevant here, the biggest lesson to learn is that before you can protect yourself or anyone from criminal attack, you must possess the warrior mentality that compels you to fight instead of flee or ignore

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...n-report-says/
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

What a brave little girl. The kidnapper deserves life in general population in prison where every inmate knows what he tried to do!

Not a whole lot of info there, and especially not a whole lot about what/how A-Nari stopped the perp from carrying off her cousin.

That being said, this may be one more example of the sort of semi-Violent Criminal Acto (sVCA)r we have seen a lot of recently - those who cave in and either surrender or kill themselves as soon as any resistance is encountered. The problem I see is that until the event is over you do not know if you are dealing with a VCA or a sVCA.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

From the little that was in the article, it seems that the perpetrator is more in need of a mental health facility than he is of a prison sentence.

It does seem to me that we have a lot more mentally ill people running around now than we ever used to have. I would hazard a guess that it is because it is much harder now to put someone in a mental hospital, and keep them there, than it used to be.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Banned
    Brandin's grandmother, Phyllis Singleton, said Moore grabbed the boy, and said "God told him" to take him, he wasn't letting him go....

Moore is behind bars facing attempted kidnapping charges, a 4-year-old boy is safe, and 7-year-old girl is being hailed as a hero.

Well, there you go, GOD told him .. no higher authority than that ....... that will be his defense I guess .. I'm sure it will turn out well for him

The next time someone tells me that self defense isn't viable, for whatever reason, I'm sending them to this case.

So easy, a 7 year old could do it!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seigi View Post
    The next time someone tells me that self defense isn't viable, for whatever reason, I'm sending them to this case.

So easy, a 7 year old could do it!
    Several thoughts on this:

First is that the appropriateness here is nebulous at best - it is neither OC nor RKBA related.

The second one is that, while it worked in this case only because the attacker gave up/was not determined, she risked the probability of becoming an additional victim. That would not have benefited her brother or her family. I do commend her on her spirit and resolve.

Lastly, the problem highlights the need to have very young children supervised, under the control of an older and more capable person. The need for vigilance can never be ignored- the nothing-ever-happens excuse should never be a default condition.

A responsible adult OCing in the vicinity of the children would have very, very likely caused this to never occur in the first place. There, it is now slightly connected to the purpose of this forum
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Several thoughts on this:

First is that the appropriateness here is nebulous at best - it is neither OC nor RKBA related.

The second one is that, while it worked in this case only because the attacker gave up/was not determined, she risked the probability of becoming an additional victim. That would not have benefited her brother or her family. I do commend her on her spirit and resolve.

Lastly, the problem highlights the need to have very young children supervised, under the control of an older and more capable person. The need for vigilance can never be ignored- the nothing-ever-happens excuse should never be a default condition.

A responsible adult OCing in the vicinity of the children would have very, very likely caused this to never occur in the first place. There, it is now slightly connected to the purpose of this forum
    I do agree with you, that is a sad commentary of this girls family is that appears she's the one who is responsible for her younger family members and she's not even in middle school yet. that was a thought of mine, where is her mother/father/aunt/uncle/etc when this is going on. why is a 7 year old the responsible one? on the other hand, maybe this particular girl will give me reason to hope that situation improves, if she keeps this in mind and matures even more into adulthood maybe she'll be the one to begin being responsible in this family....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Besides Grape, to my defense we did have a thread involving self defense with a handheld rotary saw against a BB gun.....

Still I'll remember that next time I post in this forum, sorry bout that.

NRA Member

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Besides Grape, to my defense we did have a thread involving self defense with a handheld rotary saw against a BB gun.....

Still I'll remember that next time I post in this forum, sorry bout that.
    Appreciate it - It would have been fine in the Social Lounge; "True Tales of Self Defense" is intended for stories of defensive uses of guns by LAC.

In this case though, I see something worth a one time exception. The young lady for all of her tender years exhibited an inner strength, a will to not allow family members to become victims.....and she did it with an "empty hand."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.