• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are Elderly Women in VA in Danger from ...?

Fuller Malarkey

Davis went to unlock the back door as her sister approached. As Davis stood in the doorway, she said, she heard a gunshot and watched her sister fall, bleeding from the neck.

Davis said she did not see a gun in her sister’s hand as Towler walked toward her porch, but said authorities later told her they found a handgun under Towler’s body.

Davis still maintained her sister wasn’t pointing at anyone and was moving too quickly to aim.

http://www2.newsadvance.com/news/2012/sep/30/victims-sister-still-haunted-shooting-ar-2244979/

davidmcbeth

Banned
Damn! That's heartwrenching just listening to the operator trying to reach the woman. The operator must've been a mess after hearing what eventually happened.

After about 2½ minutes of trying, a dispatcher left a message: “We got a 911 hang up call from this residence. The Altavista Police Department is outside and needs someone to come to the door. They are there to check on you.”

They checked on her alright - way to go APD .. see lots of 83 yr old burglars, do ya?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
After about 2½ minutes of trying, a dispatcher left a message: “We got a 911 hang up call from this residence. The Altavista Police Department is outside and needs someone to come to the door. They are there to check on you.”

They checked on her alright - way to go APD .. see lots of 83 yr old burglars, do ya?

Hang up 911 call - officer(s) had no information - shot fired - subject turned w/gun in hand, ignored/didn't hear verbal commands. I wasn't there, neither were you, just sayin'.

Fuller Malarkey

Hang up 911 call - officer(s) had no information - shot fired - subject turned w/gun in hand, ignored/didn't hear verbal commands. I wasn't there, neither were you, just sayin'.

So, is this the internet equivalent of "Nothing to see here, move along"?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

So, is this the internet equivalent of "Nothing to see here, move along"?

Quantum leap conclusion or at the least a question pointing to that conclusion.

I can understand how it might have gone down - not to say I endorse or justify it.
Nevertheless, I never so totally accept what the media says so as to make a final judgement.

Fuller Malarkey

Quantum leap conclusion or at the least a question pointing to that conclusion.

I can understand how it might have gone down - not to say I endorse or justify it.
Nevertheless, I never so totally accept what the media says so as to make a final judgement.

I never, ever, consented to live in a commonwealth that kills the terrified for non-compliance. I don't have to be present to form disapproval of that activity. It just isn't something I can support. There is absolutely no evidence women in Virginia must be gunned down in the interest of public safety, and quite a bit that lends itself to the possibility they are being shot for non-compliance. Call it cop hating, but if there's a chance the cop is experiencing a bruised ego, rather than any true physical danger, and is assuaging that damaged ego with his duty weapon, I / we /somebody needs to be intervening. I doubt the truth will be discovered by ignoring the situations.

Just sayin'.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thanks for volunteering Fuller. That'll be your job, finder of truth. We'll be looking forward to your report!:dude:

Fuller Malarkey

Thanks for volunteering Fuller. That'll be your job, finder of truth. We'll be looking forward to your report!:dude:

My interests are selfish. I nurse numerous fantasies of interactions with numerous Virginia women. There are some required criteria for these fantasies to transform into realities.

1. The element of time

2. The intended to become afflicted with Stockholm Syndrome.

3. That these women don't interact with Virginia police.

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

What is more noble....

Seeking the truth....

Or generating just enough question of doubt...?

You know, some people make a living doing that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There are those that make inflammatory remarks i.e. "kills the terrified for non-compliance" w/o bases in fact.
I have little patience for a rush to judgement, either way.

MamabearCali

We don't know a whole lot here. We know what the officers said, we know what her neighbor and relative said. I do know that in a just world grannies would not be shot trying to escape a robber, but we live in a fallen world. Now this is what I think.....I think the police are trained to deal with a very few varieties of people (able bodied people, not sick, and of a sound mind) and they are not trained for dealing with people with disabilities or infirmities, this is very dangerous and very very bad. I also know that I am not moving or visiting culpepper as I am a woman and sometimes I have a gun visible on me.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
We don't know a whole lot here. We know what the officers said, we know what her neighbor and relative said. I do know that in a just world grannies would not be shot trying to escape a robber, but we live in a fallen world. Now this is what I think.....I think the police are trained to deal with a very few varieties of people (able bodied people, not sick, and of a sound mind) and they are not trained for dealing with people with disabilities or infirmities, this is very dangerous and very very bad. I also know that I am not moving or visiting culpepper as I am a woman and sometimes I have a gun visible on me.

images

nuc65

Activist Member
There are always those that seek to question. There are those that will only listen to the voice of authority (freeze - unnamed TSA source). There are those in between. But I think it wrong to attempt to silence the voices, either one. I question until I am satisfied, and for some things what satisfies me is not what satisfies another. There are those times when I will try another's patience because I am unsatisfied. So be it. It is my right to be so, and to question, and to the cold black darkness with those that disagree.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There are always those that seek to question. There are those that will only listen to the voice of authority (freeze - unnamed TSA source). There are those in between. But I think it wrong to attempt to silence the voices, either one. I question until I am satisfied, and for some things what satisfies me is not what satisfies another. There are those times when I will try another's patience because I am unsatisfied. So be it. It is my right to be so, and to question, and to the cold black darkness with those that disagree.

Not sure what your point is or if you are referring to something specific or not.

But to the point - we do not have rights here. We have privileges and they may be limited from time to time.

It is far better to not try another's patience to the point of irritation, frustration or anger - especially with personal attacks. Better to strive to keep the communication channels open and friendly.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

I'll be honest Nuc, I don't understand why you'd say something like that.
This is a fairly lenient forum and yes, I get called on the carpet pretty often, have posts deleted (and not just by Grapeshot) and delete or modify them myself at the boards request.

I own sites and I'll say what I want there, but that right doesn't extend into another person's back yard.

nuc65

Activist Member
Not sure what your point is or if you are referring to something specific or not.

But to the point - we do not have rights here. We have privileges and they may be limited from time to time.

It is far better to not try another's patience to the point of irritation, frustration or anger - especially with personal attacks. Better to strive to keep the communication channels open and friendly.

Nothing specific. I noticed perhaps in my own mind that some comments were made that seemed to demand silence and maybe were intended to say leave it alone.

I try to be pretty straight-forward and if there is anything specific I will express it.

I don't try to test the limits of patience of anyone, but I am sure that even in the few years that you have, you may note that some people have less patience (or more) than others.

As far as personal attacks I hope that there were none of those, because I meant none implied or otherwise.

OC for ME

Some cop(s) have tackled female seasoned citizens in their own home. Violently dragged them from their vehicle. And shot them. Seasoned citizens, female and male, should be "handled" a little more defferentially than the younger pups.

Alas I fear that my request falls upon deaf ears. It is not in the nature of cops to equivocate where they perceive, rightly or wrongly, that their safety is at risk. There is a justice system.....of sorts.