Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booze To Be Served At Gun Range

Booze To Be Served At Gun Range

This range must be for the Hattfields and the McCoys. Someone in government down there has no brains!

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...e-alcohol?lite

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    a friend of mine from high school (back in the day) parents were on a trap league at a private gun range that served alcohol and he said multiple time he would get a 6 pack down before league at the range to help take the edge off
    it almost always ended up her and i would have to go pick them up from the range

i dont remember what range it was but it was within 45 min drive of pardeeville
    it does or at least used to happen up here as well
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Definitely sounds like a bunch of anti's.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it, as long as the lounge follows are the laws and zoning regulations. I mean There's an indoor range I go to with bars just down the street. having a beer or two isn't going to lead to shootouts in the parking lot.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Back when I used to do a little skydiving, it was a cardinal rule that you absolutely did not mix alcohol and jumping out of rattle-trap planes.

That doesn't mean that AFTER you finish doing a few hop'n'pops that you can't have a cold one on the DZ. It was almost de rigueur.
    Note, .... after.....
    I see nothing wrong with how the range wants to do things. Just wash your hands before eating.

At first it looked like an extremely bad idea... until i actually read what information the article has. They're taking precautions to make sure that the boozing comes after the booming. I don't see anything wrong with relaxing with a drink after you've popped off a few rounds. I don't even drink and I'm cool with this business plan and I'm sure they'll attract a lot more business just from that. Definitely makes it more of a "First Date" place, now. =]
    Last edited by xxx.jakk.xxx; 09-21-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Back when I used to do a little skydiving, it was a cardinal rule that you absolutely did not mix alcohol and jumping out of rattle-trap planes.
    Sounds boring ... who you gonna hurt? The ground?

When we lived in Germany we belonged to a gun club that had the greatest range I have ever used. It was built in a big "U" shape, with a full service gun shop, a game room for kids, supervised child care center and an excellent full service restaurant (with drinks) in the open section of the "U" with optional outdoor dining in front. The outside of the "U" stated with an enclosed 25m air pistol range and worked it's way around through air rifle, enclosed .22 pistol, .22 rifle, large bore pistol, then finally a fully bermed 300m indoor shooting position/outdoor range for big bore rifle, electronic retrieved targets. They also had trap and skeet, but in a different area.

That was the nicest range I have even been too, and that the restaurant served did not negatively impact the safety of how that range was set up. Another thing that was interesting about this range, 0.5 km from the range and you heard no shooting at all.

Good God, no wonder we have a bad reputation. Anyone stupid enough to handle firearms after partaking in any amount of alcohol should have their firearms taken from them. Its not only ignorant but its absolutely foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Deliveryboi View Post
    Good God, no wonder we have a bad reputation. Anyone stupid enough to handle firearms after partaking in any amount of alcohol should have their firearms taken from them. Its not only ignorant but its absolutely foolish.
    They addressed that concern

Governor’s Club customers who order alcoholic beverages at the bar will have their identification flagged and won't be allowed to return to the firing range
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

Quote Originally Posted by xxx.jakk.xxx View Post
    They addressed that concern
    But you have to actually read the article to find that out. It's foolish to expect people to read Before commenting.

It's traditional in Switzerland to have a drink or two before shooting, because it actually improves performance.

Four hundred years of organized gun clubs, without a single fatal accident. They must be doing something right.

I don't have a problem with someone having a beer or two, that can handle a beer or two, before hitting the range.

I mean like, do you always refuse to drive for a couple hours just because you had one beer?

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I don't have a problem with someone having a beer or two, that can handle a beer or two, before hitting the range.

I mean like, do you always refuse to drive for a couple hours just because you had one beer?
    Jack you need to pay more attention to the proper propaganda.
    Learn too use that little "T" valve in your head, it bypasses thought and regurgitates propaganda from your ears right to your mouth.

Give it a little effort. By next week I want to start hear enlightened statements like:

"Good God, no wonder we have a bad reputation. Anyone stupid enough to handle firearms after partaking in any amount of alcohol should have their firearms taken from them. Its not only ignorant but its absolutely foolish."
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Aye, aye cap-e-tan!

Booze To Be Served At Gun Range

At my old trap club people drank during and after league. No one got out of hand. It was low key and no one would put up with unsafe behavior period.
    Last edited by Trip20; 09-22-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Some of you guys are funny.

I've shot plenty of times at a range out here that serves alcohol in their main building. It's no big deal. When you pay for range time, you get a wristband. If you want to have a drink, they cut the wristband off and you can't go back out to the range. This new place is doing the same thing, except they're flagging the DL# instead of using wristbands.

Much ado about nothing.

Edited to add:

And just for fun, I'm dusting off this old gem once again...
    Last edited by LV XD9; 09-23-2012 at 01:50 AM.

In some states it is illegal to have any alcohol in your system if you carry, in other states you can drink the same as if you were driving a car, Personally, I think those that think you are crazy to drink any alcohol are just against alcohol. sorry "demon Rum" went out with prohibition and that was all propaganda anyway, just like "demon MJ" is today.

A I advocating going and getting drunk/stonedbefore you go shooting? Of course not, but then you don't get drunk and drive your car either...or do you? I don't,,,, but having a beer with dinner does not make you drunk, and I do that when I go out to eat. Totally legal here.
    Last edited by hermannr; 09-23-2012 at 02:42 AM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Perhaps a fed law only allowing ranges in "dry" counties would be safer.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Perhaps a fed law only allowing ranges in "dry" counties would be safer.
    Please don't give them any ideas!!! I had to travel in a minivan with my in-laws for 14 hours in a state with more dry counties than telephone poles...and I wasn't carrying guns back then...

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Please don't give them any ideas!!! I had to travel in a minivan with my in-laws for 14 hours in a state with more dry counties than telephone poles...and I wasn't carrying guns back then...
    You poor thing! That musta been a horrible experiences. 14 hours with in laws in a minivan? *shudders*
    Last edited by Jack House; 09-23-2012 at 01:07 PM.

And they weren't even my in-laws back then. I think the trip back took more like 17 hours. My now brother-in-law (married into the family also) says he'll never do that again unless his entire suitcase is packed with whiskey

Yes lets just have the government make it illegal for gun owners to posses alcohol. I just love people that want to pass laws that cover everything.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trip20 View Post
    At my old trap club people drank during and after league. No one got out of hand. It was low key and no one would put up with unsafe behavior period.
    Trip20 I find that to unbelievable to possibly be true. Everyone knows that when alcohol, guns and people get within 22 feet of each other it's an instant blood bath, hundreds of children will die.

Think of the children!!!
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    Trip20 I find that to unbelievable to possibly be true. Everyone knows that when alcohol, guns and people get within 22 feet of each other it's an instant blood bath, hundreds of children will die.

Think of the children!!!
    I drank a beer at a restaurant while open carrying, and strangely, my gun didn't leap out of its holster to go on a rampage of death.

I think mine is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I drank a beer at a restaurant while open carrying, and strangely, my gun didn't leap out of its holster to go on a rampage of death.

I think mine is broken.
    Yeah I think it may be defective, because your gun is just supposed to commit crime all on it's own with no human involvement. I went on vacation for a week and came back to learn that my gun had been bouncing checks and scamming little old ladies out of the their social security.

You might want to get it fixed.....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast