• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Booze To Be Served At Gun Range

PistolPackingMomma

And they weren't even my in-laws back then. :eek: I think the trip back took more like 17 hours. My now brother-in-law (married into the family also) says he'll never do that again unless his entire suitcase is packed with whiskey :lol:

Phoenix David

Good God, no wonder we have a bad reputation. Anyone stupid enough to handle firearms after partaking in any amount of alcohol should have their firearms taken from them. Its not only ignorant but its absolutely foolish.

Yes lets just have the government make it illegal for gun owners to posses alcohol. I just love people that want to pass laws that cover everything.

Phoenix David

At my old trap club people drank during and after league. No one got out of hand. It was low key and no one would put up with unsafe behavior period.

Trip20 I find that to unbelievable to possibly be true. Everyone knows that when alcohol, guns and people get within 22 feet of each other it's an instant blood bath, hundreds of children will die.

Think of the children!!!

PistolPackingMomma

Trip20 I find that to unbelievable to possibly be true. Everyone knows that when alcohol, guns and people get within 22 feet of each other it's an instant blood bath, hundreds of children will die.

Think of the children!!!

I drank a beer at a restaurant while open carrying, and strangely, my gun didn't leap out of its holster to go on a rampage of death.

I think mine is broken. ;)

EMNofSeattle

I drank a beer at a restaurant while open carrying, and strangely, my gun didn't leap out of its holster to go on a rampage of death.

Yeah I think it may be defective, because your gun is just supposed to commit crime all on it's own with no human involvement. I went on vacation for a week and came back to learn that my gun had been bouncing checks and scamming little old ladies out of the their social security. ;)

You might want to get it fixed.....

Jack House

I used to go out to the bar atleast once a week, have a beer or two and shoot some pool. Yet, not a single bullet was fired and my gun never left the holster, despite always having it on me.

I'm guessing my gun is defective as well. :uhoh:

Lasjayhawk

It is my understanding that the private range in Boulder City, NV also has a bar. I don't know, but if you have tight groups both drunk and sober, your a good all around shot! :lol:

Lasjayhawk

Yeah I think it may be defective, because your gun is just supposed to commit crime all on it's own with no human involvement. I went on vacation for a week and came back to learn that my gun had been bouncing checks and scamming little old ladies out of the their social security. ;)

You might want to get it fixed.....

BTW, your gun owes me $52.87, you will make good for it, right?

EMNofSeattle

BTW, your gun owes me $52.87, you will make good for it, right?

What did he send you the check for? I still am trying to account from everything. I have been busy trying to convince the postal inspectors that I know nothing of the checks I'm getting from a fence for fradulant medicaid billing, damn those guns, they just can't help themselves.

Lasjayhawk

What did he send you the check for? I still am trying to account from everything. I have been busy trying to convince the postal inspectors that I know nothing of the checks I'm getting from a fence for fradulant medicaid billing, damn those guns, they just can't help themselves.

Your gun purchased the European spa custom deluxe barrel cleaning kit, with the magic rifling wrinkle remover cream. "Makes your gun look 30 years younger." (TM)

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
One of my local gun clubs has a bar. Many of us get a drink after shooting. Some of us are still carrying our sidearm as we do so.

It's been a non-issue in this state for 140 years, high horses not withstanding.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It is my understanding that the private range in Boulder City, NV also has a bar. I don't know, but if you have tight groups both drunk and sober, your a good all around shot! :lol:

It's not in Boulder City, it's in Clark County between Henderson and Boulder City. It's the one I was actually referring to in my post right above this one. You are not allowed to shoot there the rest of day after having a drink.

Jack House

It took me way too long to figure out what you meant and I'm still not 100% sure, because this:

A fence is an individual who knowingly buys stolen property for later resale, sometimes in a legitimate market. The fence thus acts as a middleman between thieves and the eventual buyers of stolen goods who may not be aware that the goods are stolen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fence_(criminal)

EMNofSeattle

It took me way too long to figure out what you meant and I'm still not 100% sure, because this:

A fence is an individual who knowingly buys stolen property for later resale, sometimes in a legitimate market. The fence thus acts as a middleman between thieves and the eventual buyers of stolen goods who may not be aware that the goods are stolen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fence_(criminal)

You're right, I meant to say front, I'm getting my criminal enterprises mixed up
Although front itself is a very general term....

OC for ME

Not broken, too drunk.....your pistol seems to be a real lightweight.

Paul Bastean, a sergeant with the Lake St. Louis Police Department.....
Lake St. Louis PD, some of the folks anyway, at Lake St. Louis PD, do not agree with the definition of intoxicated contained in RSMo 571.010. Their view may be the norm or their view may be the exception. But, in Lake St. Louis you will be arrested if they see you with a cool frosty friendly in your hand and they know that you are armed. I heard that, with my own ears, along with a bunch of other folks, come from a Lake St. Louis cop.

Definitions 571.010. As used in this chapter, the following terms shall mean:

(11) "Intoxicated", substantially impaired mental or physical capacity resulting from introduction of any substance into the body;

But, let us not turn this into another drinking while packing discussion even though the story is about drinking while packing.

Anyone wonder how Paul Bastean, a PD Sgt. in Lake St. Louis Missouri (576 miles distant) gets cited on a story out of a suburb NW of Atlanta? Hmmm.....is Sgt. Bastean a "go to" guy for NBC news and gun rights issues?

WalkingWolf

I am more concerned with alcohol served at bowling alleys. Thought of intoxicated bowling balls attacking people is terrifying. :eek: