• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Booze To Be Served At Gun Range

oliverclotheshoff

a friend of mine from high school (back in the day) parents were on a trap league at a private gun range that served alcohol and he said multiple time he would get a 6 pack down before league at the range to help take the edge off
it almost always ended up her and i would have to go pick them up from the range

i dont remember what range it was but it was within 45 min drive of pardeeville
it does or at least used to happen up here as well

EMNofSeattle

Definitely sounds like a bunch of anti's.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it, as long as the lounge follows are the laws and zoning regulations. I mean There's an indoor range I go to with bars just down the street. having a beer or two isn't going to lead to shootouts in the parking lot.

Fallschirjmäger

Back when I used to do a little skydiving, it was a cardinal rule that you absolutely did not mix alcohol and jumping out of rattle-trap planes.

That doesn't mean that AFTER you finish doing a few hop'n'pops that you can't have a cold one on the DZ. It was almost de rigueur.
Note, .... after.....
I see nothing wrong with how the range wants to do things. Just wash your hands before eating.

xxx.jakk.xxx

At first it looked like an extremely bad idea... until i actually read what information the article has. They're taking precautions to make sure that the boozing comes after the booming. I don't see anything wrong with relaxing with a drink after you've popped off a few rounds. I don't even drink and I'm cool with this business plan and I'm sure they'll attract a lot more business just from that. Definitely makes it more of a "First Date" place, now. =]

Last edited:

hermannr

When we lived in Germany we belonged to a gun club that had the greatest range I have ever used. It was built in a big "U" shape, with a full service gun shop, a game room for kids, supervised child care center and an excellent full service restaurant (with drinks) in the open section of the "U" with optional outdoor dining in front. The outside of the "U" stated with an enclosed 25m air pistol range and worked it's way around through air rifle, enclosed .22 pistol, .22 rifle, large bore pistol, then finally a fully bermed 300m indoor shooting position/outdoor range for big bore rifle, electronic retrieved targets. They also had trap and skeet, but in a different area.

That was the nicest range I have even been too, and that the restaurant served did not negatively impact the safety of how that range was set up. Another thing that was interesting about this range, 0.5 km from the range and you heard no shooting at all.

Deliveryboi

Good God, no wonder we have a bad reputation. Anyone stupid enough to handle firearms after partaking in any amount of alcohol should have their firearms taken from them. Its not only ignorant but its absolutely foolish.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Good God, no wonder we have a bad reputation. Anyone stupid enough to handle firearms after partaking in any amount of alcohol should have their firearms taken from them. Its not only ignorant but its absolutely foolish.

They addressed that concern

Governor’s Club customers who order alcoholic beverages at the bar will have their identification flagged and won't be allowed to return to the firing range

Fallschirjmäger

They addressed that concern
But you have to actually read the article to find that out. It's foolish to expect people to read Before commenting.

KBCraig

It's traditional in Switzerland to have a drink or two before shooting, because it actually improves performance.

Four hundred years of organized gun clubs, without a single fatal accident. They must be doing something right.

Jack House

I don't have a problem with someone having a beer or two, that can handle a beer or two, before hitting the range.

I mean like, do you always refuse to drive for a couple hours just because you had one beer?

twoskinsonemanns

I don't have a problem with someone having a beer or two, that can handle a beer or two, before hitting the range.

I mean like, do you always refuse to drive for a couple hours just because you had one beer?

Jack you need to pay more attention to the proper propaganda.
Learn too use that little "T" valve in your head, it bypasses thought and regurgitates propaganda from your ears right to your mouth. :)

Give it a little effort. By next week I want to start hear enlightened statements like:

"Good God, no wonder we have a bad reputation. Anyone stupid enough to handle firearms after partaking in any amount of alcohol should have their firearms taken from them. Its not only ignorant but its absolutely foolish."

Trip20

At my old trap club people drank during and after league. No one got out of hand. It was low key and no one would put up with unsafe behavior period.

Last edited:

LV XD9

Some of you guys are funny.

I've shot plenty of times at a range out here that serves alcohol in their main building. It's no big deal. When you pay for range time, you get a wristband. If you want to have a drink, they cut the wristband off and you can't go back out to the range. This new place is doing the same thing, except they're flagging the DL# instead of using wristbands.

Much ado about nothing.

Edited to add:

And just for fun, I'm dusting off this old gem once again...
[video=youtube_share;FNEImAIM4L4]http://youtu.be/FNEImAIM4L4[/video]

Last edited:

hermannr

In some states it is illegal to have any alcohol in your system if you carry, in other states you can drink the same as if you were driving a car, Personally, I think those that think you are crazy to drink any alcohol are just against alcohol. sorry "demon Rum" went out with prohibition and that was all propaganda anyway, just like "demon MJ" is today.

A I advocating going and getting drunk/stonedbefore you go shooting? Of course not, but then you don't get drunk and drive your car either...or do you? I don't,,,, but having a beer with dinner does not make you drunk, and I do that when I go out to eat. Totally legal here.

Last edited:

Jack House

Please don't give them any ideas!!! I had to travel in a minivan with my in-laws for 14 hours in a state with more dry counties than telephone poles...and I wasn't carrying guns back then...
You poor thing! That musta been a horrible experiences. 14 hours with in laws in a minivan? *shudders*
dwdNw.gif

Last edited: