• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawton Central Mall puts up Gun Buster Signs (Pic)

ethorman

Heard on FB the other day that the Lawton Central Mall has put up their gunbuster signs. Went there the other day and sure enough they are put up on all mall entrances, however the entrances to the retail stores like JcPennys, Dillards, and Sears are not posted (sign or code of conduct). The mall has always had a strict no firearms policy and it was posted in their code of conduct however they never had the gun buster signs up. Just passing along the info to whom it may concern. BTW the mall is private property.

**From the pic one could determine that they do not want any revolvers lol** :lol:

Mall_zpsf29a16f6.jpg

hermannr

Simple: Write a letter (slow mail type) to each tennant and tell them that because the mall will not allow your legal carry you will no longer shop in their store. Enough people do that and the tennants will force the mall to change it's policies.

BTW: Private property that is open to the general public is not "private"...it is very regulated...and all this can change by legislation too. You don't think so? Then why then, after the Americans with Disabilities Act was passed did all of the malls get self opening doors? and level entrances to accommodate the disabled?

KBCraig

BTW: Private property that is open to the general public is not "private"...it is very regulated...and all this can change by legislation too. You don't think so? Then why then, after the Americans with Disabilities Act was passed did all of the malls get self opening doors? and level entrances to accommodate the disabled?

We support the Constitution and its underlying principles. Those laws are wrong, and trying to use the same unconstitutional powers for our own ends would be unethical.

SSG Riser1981

I have already started

Heard on FB the other day that the Lawton Central Mall has put up their gunbuster signs. Went there the other day and sure enough they are put up on all mall entrances, however the entrances to the retail stores like JcPennys, Dillards, and Sears are not posted (sign or code of conduct). The mall has always had a strict no firearms policy and it was posted in their code of conduct however they never had the gun buster signs up. Just passing along the info to whom it may concern. BTW the mall is private property.

**From the pic one could determine that they do not want any revolvers lol** :lol:

Mall_zpsf29a16f6.jpg

Looking for other establishments nearby that offer what the mall has to offer but are gun friendly. I have found a different theater the CARMIKE on cache and I am also a cigar smoker so I go to Beans & Briar Cigar Oasis on C Ave are both gun friendly. The only real reason i went to the mall anyway was to watch movies so I didnt have to give up more. I know back in washington I would evaluate my experience at each location and positive or negative i would publish it online. The only problem here is there is far less variety of shops and stores that offer similar services but I will continue to look around after 1 NOV 2012 for gun friendly areas.

ethorman

Yea a few years ago Carmike had a gun buster sign up. I dont know if it was due to me, but I emailed their district office and asked about it, then noticed a few months later it was gone. I try to update friendorfoe.us in the Lawton area with any pro or anti gun people for the Lawton area.