Thread: mom, daughter, hold burglar with pink pistol

mom, daughter, hold burglar with pink pistol

This turned out well for the homeowner & her daughter,
    but the mom should have let the guy run away.
    (No, it's not a stock, it's a receiver. Whadaya expect from the press?)

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...41486602663389

"[the burglar] was just released from prison for a first-degree burglary conviction on May 21. He has at least nine prior felony convictions for burglary, theft and other charges."

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

"[the burglar] was just released from prison for a first-degree burglary conviction on May 21. He has at least nine prior felony convictions for burglary, theft and other charges."
    I guess this is an example of Minnesota's "10 strikes and you're going to be out of the big house by Easter" sentencing laws.
    I don't think she did anything wrong, in Washington this would be an arrest by a citizen as long as the cops were notified.

Here is MN law https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/...9.30&year=2011

It appears any private person may make an arrest for "any public offense" which I'm certain includes trespass, burglary, and assault.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

[snippers]
    [snippers]"
    Armchair quarterback much?

Personally, the thought of letting the guy just run off, if I can hold him until police arrive, doesn't make sense. Who knows if the police are going to find him, and who knows if the guy is going to return at a later date. If I had the opportunity, I would hold the guy until police came.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Can you imagine what this gut is going to go through in prison when word gets out about the pink pistol? They should make a reality show about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ldsgeek View Post
    Can you imagine what this gut is going to go through in prison when word gets out about the pink pistol? They should make a reality show about that.
    Prison? what prison? this guy has been long felony rapsheet and was still out harassing the general public, he'll probably be out by groundhog day....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Armchair quarterback much?
    LOL .. but really, locking the exit was not wise ... prevents anyone from leaving, including the homeowner.

The guy is just the product of Obamalama nation. He's the 47.5%

It's not a receiver.....on a pistol, it is a frame.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by ldsgeek View Post
    Especially when the "boys on the inside" find out he got his butt handed to him by a 56 y/o white woman.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare