Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Romney Lie to Us? Said would release tax returns but did not sad sad

Banned

Did Romney Lie to Us? Said would release tax returns but did not sad sad

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney fought back on Friday against Democrats' claims that he paid no taxes in some years, releasing a letter from his accountants saying he paid an effective federal tax rate of at least 13.6 percent annually over 20 years.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...,4113516.story

Letter from his accountant? Oh brother .... looks like he flip flopped on this promise

Can the GOP ever bring forth a viable candidate?

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney fought back on Friday against Democrats' claims that he paid no taxes in some years, releasing a letter from his accountants saying he paid an effective federal tax rate of at least 13.6 percent annually over 20 years.

Letter from his accountant? Oh brother .... looks like he flip flopped on this promise

It's tough to find a good man who can also be a complete puppet.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    I think he released more than a letter. The pictures I saw were his returns themselves.

Why must you be hatin ?
    Post a link Ca Pat ... I only saw articles that said he only gave out letters from his bean counter ... thx :dude/dudette:

Finally, Romney showed his taxes. Now that 16 trillion dollar dept will start coming back down, and we can go back to 2.00 for a gallon of gas. Then there's the national defense. Oh wait, Romney's taxes have nothing to do with these things. It's funny how his taxes are up there on the list of priorities for this administration. We all know that it's only to sidetrack from the issues. Hey Obama, If you only want to play "show and tell", instead of talking about real issues, how about now that Romney showed his taxes, you take a turn and show us the documents on "Fast and Furious"?
    watch your top knot !

His first name is Willard. I think that alone should disqualify him.

They scanned it somewhat askew; if they're trying to hide Photoshop artifacts, I'm not spotting them.

As fake as obamas birth certificate..........

What's that, Harry Rieds secret source just called me, and said Harry Reid is strangling hookers, it's up to Harry Reid to prove this isn't true....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post

100% agree ... not only on the name but that he generally uses a fake first name. No, 2nd names don't count, sorry. I don't like that at ALL! You dont see Obamalama using his middle name.

But he did post 1 tax return..as CA Pat noted (there must have been so many folks looking at it it slowed down their server). I thought he said 5 years...so while Ca Pat was correct, I think I am also correct. Thanks to CA Pat though to pointing it out

And why is there a redaction on the first page?
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-22-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
    You afraid of rats DB?

Quote Originally Posted by hjmoosejaw View Post
    Finally, Romney showed his taxes.
    Now if only Obozo would show a birth certificate and unseal his school records.
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    There's one sitting in the Oval Office today. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Perhaps when the Dems - and all the other Obamabots give up whining - after their wishes have been complied with? Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    There's one sitting in the Oval Office today. Pax...
    I can't claim to know a man's heart.... But I believe it to be a stretch to claim he is a good man.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Let me clarify...
    Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns

There's one good puppet sitting in the Oval Office today. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Q: How many Obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by hjmoosejaw View Post
    Finally, Romney showed his taxes. Now that 16 trillion dollar dept will start coming back down, and we can go back to 2.00 for a gallon of gas. Then there's the national defense. Oh wait, Romney's taxes have nothing to do with these things. It's funny how his taxes are up there on the list of priorities for this administration. We all know that it's only to sidetrack from the issues. Hey Obama, If you only want to play "show and tell", instead of talking about real issues, how about now that Romney showed his taxes, you take a turn and show us the documents on "Fast and Furious"?
    AND all your school records: financial aid applications, university transcripts, all writings for your time at the Hawvard Law Review. Oh and while we are at it; why did both give up their licenses to practice law in Illinois, I thought he was going to be the "most transparent" President in history.

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.c...%C2%A0license/

I am so glad that we've seen all those posts from you showing where it's obvious, way more obvious and not twisted at all, where Obama has lied to us about what he said he would do.

Oh, wait, you haven't. I guess you like wearing blinders and only seeing what you think is reality. Only shows that you are a little bit of a tin foil wearing fool.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawk001 View Post
    I am so glad that we've seen all those posts from you showing where it's obvious, way more obvious and not twisted at all, where Obama has lied to us about what he said he would do.

Oh, wait, you haven't. I guess you like wearing blinders and only seeing what you think is reality. Only shows that you are a little bit of a tin foil wearing fool.
    Oh, so because Obamalama is so bad, we should just automatically embrace the GOP candidate? Who is the fool? YOU. The GOP needs to figure out to put up candidates that are conservative candidates. Until they figure this out, I'm not a member.

Its the GOP's issue if they cannot win against Obamalama .. he's been a terrible president .. and to be even at this point in polls is just as horrible.

I don't have to point out Obamalama's issues - others have done this here.

I'm voting for Johnson ... you can vote for Willard if you choose but then you are just saying "good job GOP, continue on with putting up candidates that can't win!"

Oh, so because Obamalama is so bad, we should just automatically embrace the GOP candidate?...
    Only if you want to help remove Odumbo from office. Look, I know how you feel about Romney. I don't care much for him either. And without even reviewing your posts on the subject I think I know more or less where you're coming from.
    I voted Ron Paul in my states primary and will not vote for a single incumbent in November. Regardless of party affiliation.
    I think I'd like to see a viable third party, but there simply isn't enough voter support for now.
    On a scale of 1 - 100 I personally rank the Republicans a 2 and the democrats a 1. I'd like to see a clean sweep of congress, term limits, balanced budget, a return to following the constitution etc...

But the sad unavoidable cold harsh reality is, a vote for anyone other than Romney IS for all intents and purposes a vote for Obama.

(NOT trying to tell you or anyone how to vote, it's not my place to do so.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jacobs View Post
    But the sad unavoidable cold harsh reality is, a vote for anyone other than Romney IS for all intents and purposes a vote for Obama.
    )
    Not in my state So I'll vote for Johnson.

Only if you want to help remove Odumbo from office. Look, I know how you feel about Romney. I don't care much for him either. And without even reviewing your posts on the subject I think I know more or less where you're coming from.
    I voted Ron Paul in my states primary and will not vote for a single incumbent in November. Regardless of party affiliation.
    I think I'd like to see a viable third party, but there simply isn't enough voter support for now.
    On a scale of 1 - 100 I personally rank the Republicans a 2 and the democrats a 1. I'd like to see a clean sweep of congress, term limits, balanced budget, a return to following the constitution etc...

(NOT trying to tell you or anyone how to vote, it's not my place to do so.)
    +1! In purely practical terms, we do have a two-party system. I'm not a big fan of Romney, but a vote for him is essentially cancelling one for Obummer. To vote for any other candidate, just to show your disdain for the offerings from the two major parties, allows Obama to enjoy a one vote advantage. If enough people do that, they may as well have voted FOR Obummer, since he will then surely win. The race is too close to be throwing away votes on write-ins and 3rd party hopefuls. We don't have a 3rd party that is strong enough to win... yet. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    +1! In purely practical terms, we do have a two-party system. I'm not a big fan of Romney, but a vote for him is essentially cancelling one for Obummer. To vote for any other candidate, just to show your disdain for the offerings from the two major parties, allows Obama to enjoy a one vote advantage. If enough people do that, they may as well have voted FOR Obummer, since he will then surely win. The race is too close to be throwing away votes on write-ins and 3rd party hopefuls. We don't have a 3rd party that is strong enough to win... yet. Pax...
    But Obama's feelings will surely be hurt by votes for third party candidates, and write ins. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost sleep over it for the next four years.(Sarcasm)
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

A vote for either of the two-party thugs is an an endorsement of our slow death. It's so funny how people continue to want to convince people to choose the slower of the two poisons being offered because someone has convinced them choosing life is not an option.

The odds are high against Johnson but the pay-off is high also.

The odds for Obomney are much better, but the pay-off is the same slow death.

Try not being bullied this election and vote for a man who is actually worthy to shape our country.

Founder's Club Member
    A vote for either of the two-party thugs is an an endorsement of our slow death. It's so funny how people continue to want to convince people to choose the slower of the two poisons being offered because someone has convinced them choosing life is not an option.

The odds are high against Johnson but the pay-off is high also.

The odds for Obomney are much better, but the pay-off is the same slow death.
    Great metaphor!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP Try not being bullied this election and vote for a man who is actually worthy to shape our country.
    Not contradicting. Just offering an even better idea.

When I vote for president, I am not voting for the leader of society or leader of the free world or any of that. I am merely voting for the leader--the senior executive--of the executive branch. Nowhere in the constitution is the president authorized to shape society, lead the free world, etc., etc., etc.

A free nation does not need a leader. The only leader I need is my supervisor at work. When it comes to ideas about society, I will consult the writings of philosophers and the opinions of people I have decided closely align with the philosophers whose ideas I thought were most valuable.

So, what we really want is a person who will only protect rights, and let the rest of us shape ourselves.
    Last edited by Citizen; 09-23-2012 at 08:20 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast