• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did Romney Lie to Us? Said would release tax returns but did not sad sad

davidmcbeth

Banned
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney fought back on Friday against Democrats' claims that he paid no taxes in some years, releasing a letter from his accountants saying he paid an effective federal tax rate of at least 13.6 percent annually over 20 years.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...omney-taxesbre88k11y-20120921,0,4113516.story

Letter from his accountant? Oh brother .... looks like he flip flopped on this promise

Can the GOP ever bring forth a viable candidate?

twoskinsonemanns

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney fought back on Friday against Democrats' claims that he paid no taxes in some years, releasing a letter from his accountants saying he paid an effective federal tax rate of at least 13.6 percent annually over 20 years.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...omney-taxesbre88k11y-20120921,0,4113516.story

Letter from his accountant? Oh brother .... looks like he flip flopped on this promise

It's tough to find a good man who can also be a complete puppet.

Ca Patriot

I think he released more than a letter. The pictures I saw were his returns themselves.

Why must you be hatin ?

hjmoosejaw

Finally, Romney showed his taxes. Now that 16 trillion dollar dept will start coming back down, and we can go back to 2.00 for a gallon of gas. Then there's the national defense. Oh wait, Romney's taxes have nothing to do with these things. It's funny how his taxes are up there on the list of priorities for this administration. We all know that it's only to sidetrack from the issues. Hey Obama, If you only want to play "show and tell", instead of talking about real issues, how about now that Romney showed his taxes, you take a turn and show us the documents on "Fast and Furious"?

Deacon Blues

His first name is Willard. I think that alone should disqualify him.

They scanned it somewhat askew; if they're trying to hide Photoshop artifacts, I'm not spotting them.

Ca Patriot

Romney paid in 1 year the equavilant of almost 400 people who make $60,000 a year.

Romney paid in 1 year more than almost 150 MILLION Americans.

davidmcbeth

Banned
His first name is Willard. I think that alone should disqualify him.

100% agree ... not only on the name but that he generally uses a fake first name. No, 2nd names don't count, sorry. I don't like that at ALL! You dont see Obamalama using his middle name.

But he did post 1 tax return..as CA Pat noted (there must have been so many folks looking at it it slowed down their server). I thought he said 5 years...so while Ca Pat was correct, I think I am also correct. Thanks to CA Pat though to pointing it out

And why is there a redaction on the first page?

Last edited:

Lasjayhawk

Q: How many Obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

F350

Finally, Romney showed his taxes. Now that 16 trillion dollar dept will start coming back down, and we can go back to 2.00 for a gallon of gas. Then there's the national defense. Oh wait, Romney's taxes have nothing to do with these things. It's funny how his taxes are up there on the list of priorities for this administration. We all know that it's only to sidetrack from the issues. Hey Obama, If you only want to play "show and tell", instead of talking about real issues, how about now that Romney showed his taxes, you take a turn and show us the documents on "Fast and Furious"?

AND all your school records: financial aid applications, university transcripts, all writings for your time at the Hawvard Law Review. Oh and while we are at it; why did both give up their licenses to practice law in Illinois, I thought he was going to be the "most transparent" President in history.

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/barack-michelle-gave-up law license/

mohawk001

I am so glad that we've seen all those posts from you showing where it's obvious, way more obvious and not twisted at all, where Obama has lied to us about what he said he would do.

Oh, wait, you haven't. I guess you like wearing blinders and only seeing what you think is reality. Only shows that you are a little bit of a tin foil wearing fool.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I am so glad that we've seen all those posts from you showing where it's obvious, way more obvious and not twisted at all, where Obama has lied to us about what he said he would do.

Oh, wait, you haven't. I guess you like wearing blinders and only seeing what you think is reality. Only shows that you are a little bit of a tin foil wearing fool.

Oh, so because Obamalama is so bad, we should just automatically embrace the GOP candidate? Who is the fool? YOU. The GOP needs to figure out to put up candidates that are conservative candidates. Until they figure this out, I'm not a member.

Its the GOP's issue if they cannot win against Obamalama .. he's been a terrible president .. and to be even at this point in polls is just as horrible.

I don't have to point out Obamalama's issues - others have done this here.

I'm voting for Johnson ... you can vote for Willard if you choose but then you are just saying "good job GOP, continue on with putting up candidates that can't win!"