• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did Romney Lie to Us? Said would release tax returns but did not sad sad

Jay Jacobs

Oh, so because Obamalama is so bad, we should just automatically embrace the GOP candidate?...
Only if you want to help remove Odumbo from office. Look, I know how you feel about Romney. I don't care much for him either. And without even reviewing your posts on the subject I think I know more or less where you're coming from.
I voted Ron Paul in my states primary and will not vote for a single incumbent in November. Regardless of party affiliation.
I think I'd like to see a viable third party, but there simply isn't enough voter support for now.
On a scale of 1 - 100 I personally rank the Republicans a 2 and the democrats a 1. I'd like to see a clean sweep of congress, term limits, balanced budget, a return to following the constitution etc...

But the sad unavoidable cold harsh reality is, a vote for anyone other than Romney IS for all intents and purposes a vote for Obama.

(NOT trying to tell you or anyone how to vote, it's not my place to do so.)

Gil223

Only if you want to help remove Odumbo from office. Look, I know how you feel about Romney. I don't care much for him either. And without even reviewing your posts on the subject I think I know more or less where you're coming from.
I voted Ron Paul in my states primary and will not vote for a single incumbent in November. Regardless of party affiliation.
I think I'd like to see a viable third party, but there simply isn't enough voter support for now.
On a scale of 1 - 100 I personally rank the Republicans a 2 and the democrats a 1. I'd like to see a clean sweep of congress, term limits, balanced budget, a return to following the constitution etc...

But the sad unavoidable cold harsh reality is, a vote for anyone other than Romney IS for all intents and purposes a vote for Obama.

(NOT trying to tell you or anyone how to vote, it's not my place to do so.)

+1! In purely practical terms, we do have a two-party system. I'm not a big fan of Romney, but a vote for him is essentially cancelling one for Obummer. To vote for any other candidate, just to show your disdain for the offerings from the two major parties, allows Obama to enjoy a one vote advantage. If enough people do that, they may as well have voted FOR Obummer, since he will then surely win. The race is too close to be throwing away votes on write-ins and 3rd party hopefuls. We don't have a 3rd party that is strong enough to win... yet. Pax...

WalkingWolf

+1! In purely practical terms, we do have a two-party system. I'm not a big fan of Romney, but a vote for him is essentially cancelling one for Obummer. To vote for any other candidate, just to show your disdain for the offerings from the two major parties, allows Obama to enjoy a one vote advantage. If enough people do that, they may as well have voted FOR Obummer, since he will then surely win. The race is too close to be throwing away votes on write-ins and 3rd party hopefuls. We don't have a 3rd party that is strong enough to win... yet. Pax...

But Obama's feelings will surely be hurt by votes for third party candidates, and write ins. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost sleep over it for the next four years.(Sarcasm)

twoskinsonemanns

A vote for either of the two-party thugs is an an endorsement of our slow death. It's so funny how people continue to want to convince people to choose the slower of the two poisons being offered because someone has convinced them choosing life is not an option.

The odds are high against Johnson but the pay-off is high also.

The odds for Obomney are much better, but the pay-off is the same slow death.

Try not being bullied this election and vote for a man who is actually worthy to shape our country.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
A vote for either of the two-party thugs is an an endorsement of our slow death. It's so funny how people continue to want to convince people to choose the slower of the two poisons being offered because someone has convinced them choosing life is not an option.

Great metaphor!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Try not being bullied this election and vote for a man who is actually worthy to shape our country.

Not contradicting. Just offering an even better idea.

When I vote for president, I am not voting for the leader of society or leader of the free world or any of that. I am merely voting for the leader--the senior executive--of the executive branch. Nowhere in the constitution is the president authorized to shape society, lead the free world, etc., etc., etc.

A free nation does not need a leader. The only leader I need is my supervisor at work. When it comes to ideas about society, I will consult the writings of philosophers and the opinions of people I have decided closely align with the philosophers whose ideas I thought were most valuable.

So, what we really want is a person who will only protect rights, and let the rest of us shape ourselves.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

Try not being bullied this election and vote for a man who is actually worthy to shape our country.

+1

twoskinsonemanns

Not contradicting. Just offering an even better idea.

When I vote for president, I am not voting for the leader of society or leader of the free world or any of that. I am merely voting for the leader--the senior executive--of the executive branch. Nowhere in the constitution is the president authorized to shape society, lead the free world, etc., etc., etc.

A free nation does not need a leader. The only leader I need is my supervisor at work. When it comes to ideas about society, I will consult the writings of philosophers and the opinions of people I have decided closely align with the philosophers whose ideas I thought were most valuable.

So, what we really want is a person who will only protect rights, and let the rest of us shape ourselves.

I agree with you completely and it is better said that way. It is also what I meant. I want Johnson to "shape" our country by taking the god-damn mold off and let free men shape them selves. We don't really need a leader, we need a guardian protecting the rights of individuals.

One of favorite achievements of Johnson's is his "record setting" amount of vetoes of legislation in his first term.

Jay Jacobs

I hear you AND agree. Again, I voted for Paul in my states Primary and will not vote for a single incumbent in November. I only voted for one incumbent in 2010. But our next President WILL be either Odumbo or Romney Period. I wish this wasn't the case. I don't like it anymore than you guys do.
But if you don't vote for Romney, for all intents and purposes, you ARE voting for Odumbo. Maybe next cycle there will be enough wide spread disdain for the only real two choices we have now. I would LOVE it if that were the case. But it is NOT the case this November.

Gil223

http://www.politicususa.com/romney-lawyer-admits-manipuated-taxes-conform-13-claim.html

Mitt Romney’s lawyer admitted to the Democratic accusation that the Romneys could have paid a lot less in taxes in 2011, but they manipulated the returns so as to conform to an August Romney claim that he always paid at least 13%.

SHAME ON ROMNEY! How dare he pay more taxes than was required by the IRS! :rolleyes:Forty-seven percent (58 million) of all people who get a pay check don’t pay any federal income taxes. The claim that the “rich” are not paying “their fair share” is one of the biggest liberal lies out there, nearly as bad as “We’re from the government and are here to help you.” Consider the following from the mostly liberal Washington Post:
About 96 percent of all taxpayers have a lower average [Federal income] tax rate than Romney.

I try to keep abreast of political happenings, but now I'll ask the question that millions of Americans would be asking... who the hell is "Johnson"? (I was considering a write-in for Pat Paulsen... I figure a dead comedian could do a better job as POTUS than the strutting CLOWN we have in the White House now. "I must choose my words carefully in order to avoid any negative interpretation. Among politicians, this is a tactic known as lying." - Pat Paulsen) Pax...

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I hear you AND agree. Again, I voted for Paul in my states Primary and will not vote for a single incumbent in November. I only voted for one incumbent in 2010. But our next President WILL be either Odumbo or Romney Period. I wish this wasn't the case. I don't like it anymore than you guys do.
But if you don't vote for Romney, for all intents and purposes, you ARE voting for Odumbo. Maybe next cycle there will be enough wide spread disdain for the only real two choices we have now. I would LOVE it if that were the case. But it is NOT the case this November.

My intent and purpose in not voting for Romney is to withhold my consent to the whole structure.

By providing only two choices, you are falsely omitting other legitimate options. It is just plain false to say that a vote for Johnson or no vote is a vote for Obama. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and suppose you're not deliberately creating the falsehood. There are those on this forum who know better. If they're still spouting that nonsense, they're lying. And, they know it.

Romney is just as bad as Obama. The two major parties are really just two wings of the same party: The Government Party. The We Want to Govern You Party. Both are wrecking the country. Both have had plenty of opportunity over the last forty years to turn the boat around. Instead, all we've gotten is business as usual. They lie to us. They spin to us. They set half of us against the other half. And, in the meantime they keep right on playing their power games and trading our rights and economic future for political donations.

If I can't make them gone with my one vote, the least I can do is withhold my consent. And, stop contributing to the problem. There is no one I hate so much that I would afflict them with either party.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

But if you don't vote for Romney, for all intents and purposes, you ARE voting for Odumbo.

If I didn't vote for Johnson, I wouldn't vote at all. There's no one else on the ballot that I could give the nod to. So please explain how that is a vote for Obama?

Last edited:

Tawnos

SHAME ON ROMNEY! How dare he pay more taxes than was required by the IRS! :rolleyes:Forty-seven percent (58 million) of all people who get a pay check don’t pay any federal income taxes. The claim that the “rich” are not paying “their fair share” is one of the biggest liberal lies out there, nearly as bad as “We’re from the government and are here to help you.” Consider the following from the mostly liberal Washington Post:

I try to keep abreast of political happenings, but now I'll ask the question that millions of Americans would be asking... who the hell is "Johnson"? (I was considering a write-in for Pat Paulsen... I figure a dead comedian could do a better job as POTUS than the strutting CLOWN we have in the White House now. "I must choose my words carefully in order to avoid any negative interpretation. Among politicians, this is a tactic known as lying." - Pat Paulsen) Pax...

Johnson is the only candidate worth voting for.

Gil223

If I didn't vote for Johnson, I wouldn't vote at all. There's no one else on the ballot that I could give the nod to. So please explain how that is a vote for Obama?

It's a vote not given to the only opposition that stands any chance of beating Obama. I'll ask the question that millions will be asking... again - who the hell is "Johnson"? Lyndon is dead, and so is Howard, that leaves Gary, former governor of NM, as your hope. (There are 1,891,303 Johnsons in the White Pages.) Gary lacks the national name recognition to pull off a "dark horse" victory.
In the latest CNN/ORC Poll, he is registering enough of a following to possibly tip the balance in an increasingly close election. Three percent of likely voters responded that they would vote for Johnson, the Libertarian Party's candidate for president, in November. That number is slightly higher among registered voters, with 4% identifying with the former governor of New Mexico.
Assuming that 3-4% estimate is accurate, it's enough of a deficit for Romney that the "increasingly close election" will fall into Obama's lap, and then the SWHTF very heavily over the next 4 years. Then your moral indignity will lead to one of two things: the total fiscal collapse of the USA, or Draconian increases in taxes in an attempt to bail ourselves out of debt - or BOTH! Another election victory will also embolden Obama (if one believes there is any room for more boldness in his ego), by putting him one step closer to finishing the socialization of America. Gary Johnson's continuing candidacy places him in the role of a "spoiler", not a winner. Pax anyway...
:banghead:

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

It's a vote not given to the only opposition that stands any chance of beating Obama.

I don't care two shites about beating Obama. I care about the best man winning.

I could never ally myself with someone of Romney's character.

Your delusion of how 4 more years of Obama will bring devastation is simply fear mongering.
The elephant/donkey tag-team have been inflicting us for years. Thanks for enabling it by playing party politics without regard to our country's well being.

Last edited:

Tawnos

It's a vote not given to the only opposition that stands any chance of beating Obama. I'll ask the question that millions will be asking... again - who the hell is "Johnson"? Lyndon is dead, and so is Howard, that leaves Gary, former governor of NM, as your hope. (There are 1,891,303 Johnsons in the White Pages.) Gary lacks the national name recognition to pull off a "dark horse" victory. Assuming that 3-4% estimate is accurate, it's enough of a deficit for Romney that the "increasingly close election" will fall into Obama's lap, and then the SWHTF very heavily over the next 4 years. Then your moral indignity will lead to one of two things: the total fiscal collapse of the USA, or Draconian increases in taxes in an attempt to bail ourselves out of debt - or BOTH! Another election victory will also embolden Obama (if one believes there is any room for more boldness in his ego), by putting him one step closer to finishing the socialization of America. Gary Johnson's continuing candidacy places him in the role of a "spoiler", not a winner. Pax anyway...
:banghead:

I would have never voted for Romney. I don't vote against candidates.

I hear people on the left say "a vote for a third party is a vote for Romney". I hear people like you say the opposite.

Know what the truth is? A vote for a candidate is a vote for a candidate, and a vote for a third party tells the other two that Obamney doesn't cut it.

If you can't man up and vote for what is right, you should shut up and leave those of us who are capable of doing so alone.