Thread: How to find meet and greets to attend in my area? Lima, OH

How to find meet and greets to attend in my area? Lima, OH

I am new to the forum and to OC. So far I have only CC'd but have always thought very highly of the OC concept. I have never OC'd except when game hunting mostly because I did not have a full understanding on the laws that surround OC. I am in the Lima area and wanted to know if there were any local meet and greets or local groups that supported the cause. I am still learning all the aspects involved with OC and I don't want to try it until I feel comfortable with what may occur when doing it and feel that getting started at a meet and greet would help before I venture out on my own. Thanks.

LONG BEFORE you even think about OCing, and maybe before your first M&G, start reading lots of threads on OCDO - and not just the Ohio threads.

To answer your question, the search function is your friend. Start there by searching for "Lima" and you will find this thread:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...highlight=lima

Last edited by JSlack7851; 09-23-2012 at 06:09 PM.

@jslack. I read through your post as to your link. was wondering how your feelings are toward Lima being a OC friendly area or not. I have seen post from people who have had some questionable encounters here in the past but I can not find any recent post to tell if the attitudes of the LEO'S here are improving.

Are the many people in Lima that OC or is it hard to find in this area as I have not seen any here myself. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    @jslack. I read through your post as to your link. was wondering how your feelings are toward Lima being a OC friendly area or not. I have seen post from people who have had some questionable encounters here in the past but I can not find any recent post to tell if the attitudes of the LEO'S here are improving.

Are the many people in Lima that OC or is it hard to find in this area as I have not seen any here myself. Just curious.
    There was a big stink when JCase, or Larry Case or W8new, or what ever name he uses now, was first taken to jail over his OC. I went there twice, spent time in the park, talked to residents, not a lick of problem. A lot may have changed since then, but I haven't heard of anything, recently.

There is no doubt in my mind the Police know the law, however, with no one exercising their RTKABA in Lima, they may have reverted back to their old ways. If you test the waters, don't forget your voice recorder, it will protect you from another kind of thug.