• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good 2A Lawyers in the St. Louis Area

mechanicworkman

Recent thread got me thinking maybe I need to have a list of a few GOOD Pro-2A lawyers in the St Louis Metro area in my Rolodex/Phone . This would be good information to have should anyone get caught up in an unlikely circumstance.

What lawyers can be gotten for a decent rate that doesn't require selling the house or getting rid of the dog,kids,and all personal effects to pay for a defense. Yet can still provide a better than average defense for those hoping to not be thrown under the bus should something happen.

Understandably good people with the best intentions following the law the best they can do still get caught up on occasion/circumstances when they had only the best intentions.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Recent thread got me thinking maybe I need to have a list of a few GOOD Pro-2A lawyers in the St Louis Metro area in my Rolodex/Phone . This would be good information to have should anyone get caught up in an unlikely circumstance.

What lawyers can be gotten for a decent rate that doesn't require selling the house or getting rid of the dog,kids,and all personal effects to pay for a defense. Yet can still provide a better than average defense for those hoping to not be thrown under the bus should something happen.

Understandably good people with the best intentions following the law the best they can do still get caught up on occasion/circumstances when they had only the best intentions.

Good lawyers are going to run 250 an hour for office work and 400 for trial time, or more. If you are involved in a shooting incident, your life is going to change and you will be lucky to spend 10k or less and 100k is not outside the box to retain your freedom. As far as muni misdemeanor charges, 3 to 5k is going to be pretty close, might get it cheaper, all depends upon too many factors to predict.

I would not recommend looking for the 'least expensive" in contrast to "the most qualified" if your freedom depends upon it.