Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Island county oc report

Island county oc report

I have recently moved from Snohomish county to Island County, so I am staring a new OC thread for Island County.

Today I OCed in the payless food grocery store in Freeland. Returned some DVD's and rented some new ones from the DVD express box and got some dish soap. Had no wierd looks or comments.

Went to Firestone tire in Bayview to get my drivers side front tire on my Jeep rapaired (there was a screw in it.). No comments or strange looks.

Going Where No OCer Has Gone Before!! cue the star trek music

This is great, a new area to explore. Good luck on you mate.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Thanks. Yeah it's going to be a little crazy. They definitley aren't use to it down here in South Whidbey.

Quote Originally Posted by SigGuy23 View Post
    I have recently moved from Snohomish county to Island County, so I am staring a new OC thread for Island County.

Today I OCed in the payless food grocery store in Freeland. Returned some DVD's and rented some new ones from the DVD express box and got some dish soap. Had no wierd looks or comments.

Went to Firestone tire in Bayview to get my drivers side front tire on my Jeep rapaired (there was a screw in it.). No comments or strange looks.
    NEIGHBOR!!!

I live the other way down Fish Road from "downtown" (snicker) Freeland. I've been OCing the the area for, well, as long as I've been OCing (couple three years now). Get the occasional look at that Payless, and had a nice little chat with the manager of the Ace Hardware next door once, oh and crossed paths with a real anti nutjob there too a while back, but that was more amusing than anything else. Made the sheriff's report in the paper once too although he never actually showed up. Figured I'm known as the weird gun guy by now. Might annoy some locals that we're now apparently multiplying here but it's one of the areas I feel most comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Going Where No OCer Has Gone Before!! cue the star trek music

This is great, a new area to explore. Good luck on you mate.
    Actually I've lived here for 5+ years and been OCing for a good 3 or 4. I just tend to post in the North of Seattle/SnoCo threads...cuz nothing ever happens here
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

^dude we should meet sometime. I live like a block from the Sheriffs office.

I carry around the top of The Rock.

Time for an Island County Meeting?

To Stay On Topic: I have carried on Whidbey Too.
    "May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." George Patton

NavyLCDR speaks the truth. I've been to one at Frank's. Now that I'm back on the rock, I live in Coupeville. Might be time for another get together.

LCDR, where abouts are you now? I know I've asked in the past year or so, but my brain is about fried from the PCS.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I live in Stanwood, still at NAS Whidbey Island. We are home for 2 weeks, out to sea for 1 month, home for 2 months, out to sea on cruise.
    You're so salty Frank shakes you down to refill the shakers.

Quote Originally Posted by SigGuy23 View Post
    ^dude we should meet sometime. I live like a block from the Sheriffs office.
    Indeed, if I can ever get my schedule straightened out. What brings you out this way? Usually when I tell people where I live they react like I just said "on Mars," curious what brings another to this corner of the solar system. Hope cryo-stasis wasn't too rough on you

Island Cafe and Frank's Place both in Oak Harbor have been locations of meetings in the past.
    Island Cafe is gone or renamed.

Island Cafe is alive and well at the corner of Highway 20 and SE Cabot Drive (across the street from ARCO Gas Station).

http://www.islandcafefamilydining.com/

Attachment 9292
    Sorry my bad it was on pioneer way. The website I found had on in Anacortes and on pioneer.

I would be up for a meet some evening maybe before NavyLCDR takes off. I was trying to get one going for out in Burlington to get more but could not get it together but local would be evern better.

Island county oc report

Only Sundays will work for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Indeed, if I can ever get my schedule straightened out. What brings you out this way? Usually when I tell people where I live they react like I just said "on Mars," curious what brings another to this corner of the solar system. Hope cryo-stasis wasn't too rough on you
    When I first transferred to Wa 2 years ago, I moved in with my girlfriend who was already living here. She is in the Navy as well and stationed in Bremerton. We decided to find a place that was in the middle for both of us. So we live in Marysville. Her and I broke up a few months back. I decided to find a place closer to work. I didn't like any of the places I looked at for rent in Oak Harbor. I fell in love with the house in Freeland. It's still kinda far from work, but 35 minutes is better than 1hr 10min. Also I like the Freeland/Langley/Bayview/clinton area better than Oak Harbor.

So yeah, that's why i moved to Freeland. Cryo-stasis was fine lol. I was thinking about having an OC BBQ at my house once I get all settled in and get some decent time off.

I'd consider showing, but I'm over 2000 miles away at the moment.

Would you South Whidbey guys be able to join if I tried to make a dinner for Sun. Oct 7th at http://thefarmhouserestaurant.net/menu (just off the island) I have OCed there a couple of times and nothing was said. or the olive garden not sure if they are OC friendly never been there in Burlington. In hopes we get others from off the island? Or other suggestions welcome.

I have a step-daughter pickup time usually right about dinner time in Arlington on Sundays, but could probably move that to 4 pm. I believe the corporation that owns Olive Garden has an anti-gun policy. Farmhouse is good.
    I think Darden Restaurant owns OG, but I found this...

http://www.contracostaopencarry.org/...en-oc-friendly

Island county oc report

Quote Originally Posted by bmg50cal View Post
    I think Darden Restaurant owns OG, but I found this...

http://www.contracostaopencarry.org/...en-oc-friendly
    Yes, Olive Garden is owned by Darden Restaurants.

http://www.darden.com/restaurants/

It is my understanding that they are primarily anti-gun. I base this on my personal experiences plus the numerous threads here over the years. Of course, there are also exceptions.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Olive Garden in Burlington does allow firearms, but will ask you to cover them up. FMJ 911 and I went there a while back and the manager came up to the table and asked us to cover them up so we didn't scare other guests. He did not ask us to leave or take them to our cars though. So it's iffy there.

Ok so Farm house it is. I will put one up this evening in another thread. Unless we have other suggestions.
    Last edited by wolf-father; 09-28-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Cool. I'm supposed to be doing the 6 month tour thing shortly after the new year, but I have no clue yet since I haven't checked in.

I'd be looking forward to a get together with other like minded individuals and do an OC event.

Well, the famly and I visited Ft Casey with no issues. Also, we took the ferry on our way back, agian no issues.

Yeserday I went to Payless food in Freeland to get some stuff to make Spaghetti. Told this Old guy I liked his jacket. He told me what the insignia meant and said when I get out of the Navy, I should look them up to see if I can get a job with them. He gave me some phone numbers of people to talk to. He then asked me about Wa being an OC state. I told him it was. He said good it keeps people honest. I said yes it does. After he left I flirted with the cashier a liitle. As I was leaving I heard someone say " Hey look it's the Wild West up in here hahaha" I was tempted to turn around and say something, but decided that he wasn't worth my time. That was my OC day. The Spaghetti turned out great. I tried things a little differently than normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast