• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Truth or Fiction?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
So he has shot himself before? True or False?
Visiting Hilltop and all the guns are legal? Truth or Fiction?

Sept. 18: The 24-year-old Spanaway man had two problems: he carried guns, and he was accident-prone.
An officer found him at St. Joseph Medical Center, bleeding from a gunshot wound. The man blamed himself.
He said he’d been visiting a relative in Tacoma’s Hilltop neighborhood. He brought three guns with him. He didn’t want to leave his .45 in the car. He put on his shoulder holster, started to strap in the gun, and fired a round by accident. The slug plowed into his leg.
It wasn’t the first time. The man told police he’d shot himself before, less than a year earlier.
The officer checked the man’s weapons. They were legal. He gathered the guns for safekeeping while the man received treatment for his wound.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/09/22/2306354/police-beat-self-shooting-check.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:

tombrewster421

How does one shoot them self in the leg with a gun in a shoulder holster? I would think you'd be more likely to hit the chest area. You'd also think he'd learn proper trigger control after shooting himself the first time.

decklin

How does one shoot them self in the leg with a gun in a shoulder holster? I would think you'd be more likely to hit the chest area. You'd also think he'd learn proper trigger control after shooting himself the first time.

Probably a vertical holster.

Sparky508

It's not so hard if you have a condition known as "Cranial Rectal Inversion". In many cases this condition is also responsible for one inflicting multiple gunshot wounds to themselves.

Seen it happen, not pretty:

cri.jpg

Notice the position of the shoulder in relation to the thigh...........

Attachments

• cri.bmp
    53.4 KB · Views: 65

EMNofSeattle

gotta remember this is the same part of town where 15 rangers got in a gunfight with an undetermined number of gangbangers and NO ONE was hurt. anything is possible in the Hilltop