• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

newbie in Jessamine Co.

j.bones

I've been on this sight just browsing off and on for a few years... Just signed up and figured I'd say hi. I opened carried my new Ruger P95 for the first time yesterday. Purchased it and a paddle holster, loaded it and strapped in on my belt. Then went straight to Kroger to get some soda and things for my daughter's birthday party.. not going to lie, I was a bit nervous about OCing esp into somewhere like Kroger, though my brother-n-law and I went in got our stuff, checked out without so much as a funny look that I noticed..

self preservation

Welcome to the forum. I think that you will find that most businesses are gun friendly. Kroger being one of them of course. You can visit http://friendorfoe.us/ to see who is pro and who is anti. The more you OC the less and less you will be nervous about doing so. If I may suggest, check out the thread "Kentucky gun laws" that is posted at the top of the KY forums. Read, read and then read some more. Stay safe and carry on.

Comm

Welcome!
I'm in Jessamine Co. also. Been here now for about 25 years. Most here will accept your OC. I was getting gas yesterday at the Walmart gas station, and I was OC. While I was filing up, and man walked up, and asked if I was a deputy sheriff? I said nope. Are you a city cop? again, nope, I'm just an regular citizen exercising my 2nd amendment rights. He said wow, I didn't know you could do that.
I told him that it was legal here in Ky, and he should check it out. I told him about this site, and what to look for.
So, carry on. Your in good company!