Thread: A weapon in his SOCK, Yakima

Bellingham, Wa. city of Subdued Excitement

A weapon in his SOCK, Yakima

I saw this in the paper this morning. I have heard of "well holstered", I have heard of "mexican carry", this is the first incident of "Sock Carry" I have heard of.

The Associated Press
    YAKIMA, WASH. — A Selah man with a foot wound told Yakima police and deputies he was so drunk he didn't recall who shot him.

But his girlfriend told investigators he shot himself in the foot early Sunday as she was driving him home. It went off when he suddenly pulled the revolver out of his sock to show her.

The sheriff's office says the gun had been stolen. The 23-year-old was jailed on possible gun and theft charges.

Read more here:

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Olympia, Washington, USA
    Poetic Justice...

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Silvana, Washington, USA
    A drunk keeping a revolver in his sock loaded while he was getting loaded without it falling out until he got a ride home and then shoots himself?

What I want to know is what kind of socks were they because they sound like sturdy ones!
    Last edited by waterfowl woody; 09-24-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: making sure my capitols where there so GOGO is happy

Yakima, Washington, USA

Selah man arrested after shooting himself in foot with stolen gun

Selah man arrested after shooting himself in foot with stolen gun

SELAH, Wash. — A 23-year-old Selah man was treated for a gunshot wound to his foot Sunday, and he and witnesses gave police differing reports of how it happened.
    The man told Yakima County sheriff’s deputies and Yakima police officers that he had gotten drunk in a tavern and was shot by someone else, but he didn’t remember any other details, a report from the sheriff’s office said.
    When police examined his car, however, they found a fresh bullet hole through the passenger floorboard. The man’s girlfriend told police that she had been driving him home when he pulled out his .38 caliber revolver and accidently shot himself in the foot.
    The inebriated man then threw the gun out the window, after telling his girlfriend that he had stolen it from a friend. She later helped police recover it from the area where he had discarded it.
    Police contacted the friend, who said his father’s gun had indeed been stolen, and the father was anxious to press charges.
    The Selah man was arrested on outstanding warrants, as well as requested charges of illegal possession of a handgun and theft of a firearm, the sheriff’s office reported.
    Kind of poetic justice here, stole friends gun, hide it in sock, kept drinking until drunk, brag and try to impress girlfriend, shot self in foot! I would think once he is out of jail he will be shopping for a new pair of shoes and a girlfriend and his new nickname is Hoppy.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Quote Originally Posted by waterfowl woody View Post
    ...What I want to know is what kind of socks were they because they sound like sturdy ones!
    Tall white Gym socks with the red stripes on top.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

"The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired..." -Amendment Two, The Constitution of the United States

So what is so new about some loser putting his "gun" in a sock to impress a girl?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Yakima, wa

Re: A weapon in his SOCK, Yakima

Ain't karma a bitch?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Too bad he wasn't keeping it in his waistband!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Should have been carrying it in his Jock. Then instead of hitting his foot he'd be doing society a big favor for the future. No more dummies like this with the same DNA at least.

On the socks, were they perhaps made by Galco or maybe Milt Sparks?
    Last edited by amlevin; 09-25-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

earth's crust

Stinky Carry

Change those socks - your gun stinks!

Ha, idiot who shot himself. I like these stories. Lucky he did not keep it in his shorts. Bye bye Fred and George, nice knowing you.