Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggling?

Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggling?

Voters say they’re worse off after four years of Obama, so why is Romney struggling?

.By Chris Moody, Yahoo! News 9/19/2012

In the twilight of President Barack Obama's first term, many polls, including a new Quinnipiac University tri-state survey of likely voters, show that most Americans say they are not better off than they were four years ago. But in those same polls, the president retains his edge over challenger Mitt Romney.

That's not normal, says Quinnipiac University pollster Peter A. Brown.

"Most times if voters think things haven't gone well, they say, 'Let's think of somebody else.' But at this point they're not saying that," Brown said. "Clearly they think [Obama] is more in tune with their lives."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/v...-election.html

Why? Because the US is controlled by the Feds. They control the media and election machine. They select the politicians to control the government. That's why even Clinton did a good job in his last term, Bush won the election. What the Feds needed was not a good economy, they need war and the Patriot Act. Several month after his election, 911 happened which satisfied what the Feds needed.

This time, Obama will give the Feds something Romney can't give. So you saw Romney is under the fire of media despite the life of Americans is worse off after four years reign of Obama.

"Most times if voters think things haven't gone well, they say, 'Let's think of somebody else.' But at this point they're not saying that," Brown said. "Clearly they think [Obama] is more in tune with their lives."
    Or because our only presented alternative is, well, Romney.
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-24-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

So OK..

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    And you're point is............ WHAT!?

FireStar M40
    Why you never pick a fight with a old man.

Seeing they're too old and tired to fight,

they'll just shoot your butt instead.

I'm a "OLD MAN"!

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Heh heh. As long as we're focusing on which color shackles we wear and not getting them off, that's the important thing.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by FireStar M40 View Post
    And you're point is............ WHAT!?

FireStar M40
    That Romney repulses Democrat and many independent voters.
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Heh heh. As long as we're focusing on which color shackles we wear and not getting them off, that's the important thing.
    This^

Or the problem may be the way the polls are set up. If they over-sample democrats, expecting a larger turnout than is going to happen, while under-sampling conservatives and independents, they get O leading when in reality R should be ahead. Several polling companies are doing just this, and the numbers are reported as gospel.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    +1 with correction: WILLARD

You've caught on, there is a list you'll have you name on really soon.

Besides I think I will vote for a lessor of 3 evils, Satan.

Deciding who to vote for is like asking which STD you want to get.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post
    [sniggers]

Why? Because the US is controlled by the Feds. They control the media and election machine. They select the politicians to control the government. That's why even Clinton did a good job in his last term, Bush won the election. What the Feds needed was not a good economy, they need war and the Patriot Act. Several month after his election, 911 happened which satisfied what the Feds needed.

This time, Obama will give the Feds something Romney can't give. So you saw Romney is under the fire of media despite the life of Americans is worse off after four years reign of Obama.
    I suppose if Romney wins, then the media doesn't have a strong-hold on itself.

The life of Americans is worse because we had a second Great Depression. It takes a while to fix a Republican mess.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I suppose if Romney wins, then the media doesn't have a strong-hold on itself.

The life of Americans is worse because we had a second Great Depression. It takes a while to fix a Republican mess.
    You mean a democratic mess caused by liar loans that clinton actually forced upon the banks .. history .. its there to understand but some don't want to

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You mean a democratic mess caused by liar loans that clinton actually forced upon the banks .. history .. its there to understand but some don't want to
    Since we aren't concerning ourselves with facts in any of this, yes.

Read my signature, I want Romney to win.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 09-25-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Since we aren't concerning ourselves with facts in any of this, yes.

Read my signature, I want Romney to win.
    You a big fan of headaches (for some reason) lol ! Good luck!

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    You've caught on, there is a list you'll have you name on really soon.

Besides I think I will vote for a lessor of 3 evils, Satan.

Deciding who to vote for is like asking which STD you want to get.
    Are you sure he would be the lessor?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Are you sure he would be the lessor?
    If not he would be a great enough evil to get us to rally together and kick the criminals out of DC and all public offices.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Why is he struggling? It's because he's so out of touch with the American people. He's so painfully obviously an elitist. He's the 1%. And he doesn't do a good job of hiding it, or even attempting to act like he's not. This, IMO, is where Bush excelled. A rich, Harvard and Yale grad from Connecticut, but somehow convinced everyone in the working class that he's one of them. How is it that he's the only one in his family with a Texas accent?

Or maybe it's that the basis for his Governor campaign is nothing like the basis for his Presidency campaign. He's a flip flopper. Nobody's saying it, but nobody knows where he ACTUALLY stands on anything. It all depends on who's in the audience.

At least with Obama you pretty much know what you're getting. If you're like me, and still don't like him, then don't vote for him. But if you're going with Romney because he's "Not Obama," I hope you get what you pay for. Too bad you won't know what that is until he's already in office.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

because if I don't vote for Obama I am a racist and I don't want to be a racist so I have to vote for him because he's black.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    half black
    Black or half black, depending on who he happens to be speaking to, or begging for campaign cash from.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    because if I don't vote for Obama I am a racist and I don't want to be a racist so I have to vote for him because he's black.
    Even if you vote for Obama you are still a racist because you had to think about it.
    If your decision to vote for Obama came naturally regardless of his policies and actions just as it does with a loony-lib-Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sock-puppet.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	9287then you would not be a racist.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Romney is doing better than he was 4 years ago. I am too, but for a different reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    Why is he struggling? It's because he's so out of touch with the American people. He's so painfully obviously an elitist. He's the 1%. And he doesn't do a good job of hiding it, or even attempting to act like he's not.
    Supposedly, Romney is a rather genuinely nice person. They had some non-politicians speaking up for him at the Republican convention, and I guess he's rather charitable with both his time and money. But his campaign can't get that across as much as they could, and he supposedly often avoids the subject himself.

QE3 released in September is apparently a tactic to favor Obama’s campaign. The real estate business will booming. Riches will have their assets price increased. What poor people get will be high price for gas and food and house. The inflation is at sight.

Marc Faber: Fed's QE forever is ludicrous; no country has become rich from consumption

Source: BI-ME , Author: Constantine Gardner

Posted: Fri September 14, 2012

What are the consequences of QE forever?

"Asset prices will go up and the money will flow to the Mayfair Economy," he said, defining the latter as an "economy of the rich people whose assets prices go up and whose net worth increases" without any trickle down benefit to the real economy.

What you have is a small economy that is booming and the majority of the economy is being damaged by QE, Faber explains.

Who got us there?

Faber sees the Fed's monetary policies over the last 15 years as mainly responsible for the various asset bubbles (Nasdaq, real estate etc...) leading to the subprime crisis in 2007. "The money printers and the neo-Keynesians interventionists are responsible for the crisis, reckons Faber, and people should know this."

Conclusion?

Dr Bernanke's attempt to boost growth and reduce unemployment will end up, according to Dr. Faber, in a fiscal Grand Canyon with never ending deficits, the majority of the economy being damaged, the man in the street facing higher prices and losing his job.

http://www.bi-me.com/main.php?id=593...=62&cg=4&mset=

Quote Originally Posted by katsung47 View Post

.By Chris Moody, Yahoo! News 9/19/2012

In the twilight of President Barack Obama's first term, many polls, including a new Quinnipiac University tri-state survey of likely voters, show that most Americans say they are not better off than they were four years ago. But in those same polls, the president retains his edge over challenger Mitt Romney.

That's not normal, says Quinnipiac University pollster Peter A. Brown.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/v...-election.html

Bush won because he was likeable and Gore was stiff, plus Ralph Nader swung the election to Bush. Obama simply is more likeable then Romney, and that is why Romney is having a hard time. When you have a public that uses the View and SNL for their political information, actual policy and issues is in the background. We have seen a campaign where Romney is claimed to be almost as bad as Obama, and where the voter should vote on this basis is insane. Add to that more people are concerned with how much Romney makes as to the money Obama has stolen is a pure joke.

A candidate has to have charisma to win, and there has not been a republican with charisma since Ronald Reagan.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 10-08-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Romney isnt struggling anymore.

New polls show he surged 5 points and is now even or leading Obama in contested states.

Just wait until the next debate where Obama has to explain the entire middle east terrorist attacks and the cover ups.

Then wait for the Biden - Ryan debates.

Romney FTW
    Don't get me wrong I don't want Obama for another minute, let alone four more years. BUT I don't expect he will be flatfooted on the second debate, unless he is an idiot. McCain lost by a larger margin than the polls, and so far it still looks like Obama has the electoral college. And then there is the matter of the moderators and the questions in the second debate. There are rumors that Obama will be allowed to use a teleprompter, and I expect him to have his DAF device in ear next debate. Remember Obama got caught off guard in his first debate with McCain also.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member

Found it here: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/ According to the attribution, it was designed by Dan McCall, founder or LibertyManiacs.com
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Romney isnt struggling anymore.

New polls show he surged 5 points and is now even or leading Obama in contested states.

Just wait until the next debate where Obama has to explain the entire middle east terrorist attacks and the cover ups.

Then wait for the Biden - Ryan debates.

Romney FTW
    These are just gimmicks to cheat people that this is "democracy". The election is pre-fixed.

The real reason is the Feds need Obama's new Health care reform. There is nothing they care if people can benefit from it or not. They just want it to frame a target in their case with which they have created OKC bombing, 911 attack to get the Patriot Act.

You can see it from the surprise turn around of the Chief Justice Roberts.

726. The surprise turnaround of Chief Justice (7/4/2012)

On 6/28, Supreme Court issued a pass for Obama's Health care policy. What surprised people was Chief Justice Roberts sided with four liberal justices in voting 5-4 to declare the law's "individual mandate" constitutional.

Why did John Roberts, a Bush appointee who generally votes with his conservative colleagues, suddenly change his opinion to vote with the liberal? Just three months ago, he still opposed that "individual mandate" law.

Chief Justice Roberts: Can government require you to buy a cell phone?

Mar. 27, 2012 - Chief Justice Roberts asks the Solicitor General Verrilli if the government can require the purchase of cell phones for emergency services, just as the health-care law requires for health insurance.(The Washington Post)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...reS_video.html
    There are different theories about this mysterious turnaround. Mostly were from disinformation office of the Feds to cover up their puppet Roberts. None could solve the puzzle. I know why - the Feds want that "individual mandate" provision. When the Feds want to put Kat Sung under surveillance, they forced the law makers passing through the Patriot Act. (Through OKC bombing and 911 bombing) When the Feds want to restrict Kat Sung in US, they activate the TSA search, (blocking leaving from air flight) blocking the entering of Canada and Mexico; (by "Operation Fast and Furious") see "697. TSA search, Canada and Mexico (12/11/2011)". Now when they want Kat Sung to have a health insurance, they activate their proxy- John Roberts.

Six years ago when Roberts was selected as Chief Justice, I have written already,
    "344. Roberts, a secret agent of D.O.J. (9/18/05)"
    http://katsung47.yuku.com/topic/4/Th...the-USA?page=4
    This case proves I was very, very accurate at that judgement.

I'll talk about why the Feds want that "individual mandate" provision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast