Thread: Special weekday, Ladies only NRA Basic Pistol Shooting class! - Doswell, VA.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Special weekday, Ladies only NRA Basic Pistol Shooting class! - Doswell, VA.

Special weekday, Ladies only class! - Proactive Shooters will be conducting a "Ladies only" NRA Basic Pistol Shooting class on Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 at our Doswell Range. This class may be used to apply for both Virginia and Florida concealed carry permits. Details and registration may be found here -

http://proactiveshooters.com/nra-bas...ss-doswell-va/
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    $125 .. getting better .. but still to high....I should get a license to instruct for folks to get their permits and whatnots. Charge $5 and do 100 people at a time...
    Do you have some kind of issue here that you feel the need to interject your opinions of our prices?
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Ignore him - he's in troll mode.

Or let him get certified as an instructor and compete head to head against you. Oh, wait! There are a few certified instructors already out there, but you are pulling in the students. Could it be the customers find your price reasonable?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Ignore him - he's in troll mode.

Or let him get certified as an instructor and compete head to head against you. Oh, wait! There are a few certified instructors already out there, but you are pulling in the students. Could it be the customers find your price reasonable?
    stay safe.
    I think it goes a lot deeper than finding the price reasonable. There is also the personality and people skills involved.

Several months ago I was at a show in the Showplace with one of my friends and his wife. They were looking for a CHP class for themselves and their daughter. They talked to several instructors who were there. One came across as abrupt and that he was doing people a favor by taking money from them for a class. When they had questions he'd basically inform them that the answers were on his website etc.

Then we saw Proshooter manning his own booth and I told my friends that they really needed to talk to him. Yes, he also told them they could find the answers to their questions on his website BUT that was after he'd answered the question, pointing to the website was to backup what he had told them. Proshooter's prices were slightly higher than the other instructor but my friends left that show saying that when they were ready to book a class they'd use him because he was more personable and took the time to answer anything they asked him. They also said they'd feel more comfortable sending their daughter to one of his classes.
    Last edited by scouser; 09-25-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Firearms related businesses are permitted to post on OCDO at the pleasure of the site owners. Users do not set policy here.

This is the 2nd such thread today in which the same user has responded with extreme negative bias - enough.

These personal and profession attacks will NOT be permitted.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.