• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Special weekday, Ladies only NRA Basic Pistol Shooting class! - Doswell, VA.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Special weekday, Ladies only class! - Proactive Shooters will be conducting a "Ladies only" NRA Basic Pistol Shooting class on Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 at our Doswell Range. This class may be used to apply for both Virginia and Florida concealed carry permits. Details and registration may be found here -

http://proactiveshooters.com/nra-basic-pistol-shooting-class-doswell-va/

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Ignore him - he's in troll mode.

Or let him get certified as an instructor and compete head to head against you. Oh, wait! There are a few certified instructors already out there, but you are pulling in the students. Could it be the customers find your price reasonable?

stay safe.

scouser

Ignore him - he's in troll mode.

Or let him get certified as an instructor and compete head to head against you. Oh, wait! There are a few certified instructors already out there, but you are pulling in the students. Could it be the customers find your price reasonable?
stay safe.

I think it goes a lot deeper than finding the price reasonable. There is also the personality and people skills involved.

Several months ago I was at a show in the Showplace with one of my friends and his wife. They were looking for a CHP class for themselves and their daughter. They talked to several instructors who were there. One came across as abrupt and that he was doing people a favor by taking money from them for a class. When they had questions he'd basically inform them that the answers were on his website etc.

Then we saw Proshooter manning his own booth and I told my friends that they really needed to talk to him. Yes, he also told them they could find the answers to their questions on his website BUT that was after he'd answered the question, pointing to the website was to backup what he had told them. Proshooter's prices were slightly higher than the other instructor but my friends left that show saying that when they were ready to book a class they'd use him because he was more personable and took the time to answer anything they asked him. They also said they'd feel more comfortable sending their daughter to one of his classes.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Firearms related businesses are permitted to post on OCDO at the pleasure of the site owners. Users do not set policy here.

This is the 2nd such thread today in which the same user has responded with extreme negative bias - enough.

These personal and profession attacks will NOT be permitted.