• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. October 6th and October 27th, 2012

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Due to popularity, Proactive Shooters has scheduled two Defensive Handgun I classes; scheduled for October 6 & 27.

attachment.php

Details and registration can be found here - http://proactiveshooters.com/defensive-handgun-i-2/

Last edited:

45acpForMe

$150 too high IMO ...

Not in my opinion. I also talked to a friend that took this class a month or so ago and he loved it. (Andy)

He and I shoot at the same competition at LGC so it wasn't too basic for him either.

I wish I had time (and money) to take it but my daughters' schedules keep me busy.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sorry you feel that way. Most of the students who comment actually say that they would be willing to pay more. I'm not sure what price you are willing to pay for good training, but we feel that $150 is quite fair for what is being taught.

And do the students give you more money then? :p Ahhh...your a good sport. Still, $150 is to high IMO. Learning good gun safety takes years...basic safety, twenty minutes.

Keep the Faith!

scouser

$150 too high IMO ...

so don't sign up to take part, pretty simple solution. There ya go, I just saved you $150.

Now then, IMO, if you haven't taken a class with Jim then you're not in a position to speak as to whether or not you get value for money from his training. Somehow I don't think I'll be the only one here defending him.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
so don't sign up to take part, pretty simple solution. There ya go, I just saved you $150.

Now then, IMO, if you haven't taken a class with Jim then you're not in a position to speak as to whether or not you get value for money from his training. Somehow I don't think I'll be the only one here defending him.

Thank you, scouser. I appreciate that.

I guess someone left the "*******" light on too long. It started to attract ****flies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
To overtly criticize a person or business for their pricing structure, especially when one has no personal experience with them, is hardly responsible and IMO inexcusable. It surely goes against the responsible and courteous attitude we wish to foster here.

Those looking for the cheapest of anything should be aware that they will most likely receive in kind commensurate with what they paid. When it comes to self-defense training (life or death) value received would seem to be the best test.

Many here have taken ProShooter's courses. Apparently none have come away wanting - many have spoken to getting a lot more than they expected and have recommended his classes highly.

The attacks stop here.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
To overtly criticize a person or business for their pricing structure, especially when one has no personal experience with them, is hardly responsible and IMO inexcusable. It surely goes against the responsible and courteous attitude we wish to foster here.

Those looking for the cheapest of anything should be aware that they will most likely receive in kind commensurate with what they paid. When it comes to self-defense training (life or death) value received would seem to be the best test.

Many here have taken ProShooter's courses. Apparently none have come away wanting - many have spoken to getting a lot more than they expected and have recommended his classes highly.

The attacks stop here.

Not an attack, just an observation Grape.

The first course I took was back in the 70's and was around $1000.00 for 4 days. Adjusting for inflation and considering Jim's class is one day....it's a bargain! IMO

On a downside Jim, October 6th is the opening day of bow season so decent people can't come.:p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
? you do any night training, for people with night vison scopes? Like rifle ? 100-400 yds?
Most (all?) instructors here specializing in defensive training, concentrate on handguns and the emphasis is on defensive.

Such training as you refer to doesn't really fit the normal criteria for defensive training, but I suspect you already know that and are continuing in a manner to which you have already been cautioned.

That and long guns are generally OT for this forum - particularly when offensive use is considered.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Most (all?) instructors here specializing in defensive training, concentrate on handguns and the emphasis is on defensive.

Such training as you refer to doesn't really fit the normal criteria for defensive training, but I suspect you already know that and are continuing in a manner to which you have already been cautioned.

That and long guns are generally OT for this forum - particularly when offensive use is considered.

It's dark 1/2 the time ... why not do night training? Seems reasonable..and was wondering about the possibility of pistol and rifle training and possibly using night vision equipment. I would think many members have this capability or equipment. I have seen posts of other(s) on this forum asking the same ? before.

You hear something outside at night outside your house ... what do you do?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

It's dark 1/2 the time ... why not do night training? Seems reasonable..and was wondering about the possibility of pistol and rifle training and possibly using night vision equipment. I would think many members have this capability or equipment. I have seen posts of other(s) on this forum asking the same ? before.

You hear something outside at night outside your house ... what do you do?

Don't think that anyone said that low light training was not offered in some form as you imply. Such is not normally in the block of instruction for Basic Defensive Handgun training. Anyone that desires advance training need but to check the offered class descriptions or ask. How difficult can that be?

Night vision equipment would decidedly not be the norm for but very, very few members here.

Hearing something outside your house at night is a subject for another thread. Not appropriate in this thread regarding ProShooter's Defensive Handgun I class.

Further misdirection will be edited/deleted.