• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc first time..all went well until....

Superduty

Went to Taco Bell for lunch in liberty lake. Normal.

Went to camping world off I-90 in liberty city also. Normal.

Thought we would go to see judge dredd. Spokane valley mall. Payed for tickets. Went to rest room. Got our seats....then decided to go order popcorn and and some drinks. Manager approached and asked me to leave.

I said not a problem...told my wife and son lets go.

24.00 tickets refunded

18.00 in concessions refunded.

Told them I will not return.

So I called amc in downtown spokane and they have the same policy.

Oh well no movies for me here.

Shane

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
May I suggest....

When I go to the movies (once or twice a year), I carry CC into the movie theater.

When it is time to leave, I carry OC out and through the lobby....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Waiting on my cpl.

Shane

Ah....

Malls, movie theaters, Costco (ymmv)... seem to be the 3 places that will actively ask you to leave.

I go to the three rarely, but when I do I carry CC and when my business is done I OC on the way out. I generally take my time to leave and look around...

That way these business get used to the idea that there are multiple people carrying guns in their business on a regular business and they are only disturbed by the one's that they see. :shocker:

rapgood

Ah....

Malls, movie theaters, Costco (ymmv)... seem to be the 3 places that will actively ask you to leave.

I go to the three rarely, but when I do I carry CC and when my business is done I OC on the way out. I generally take my time to leave and look around...

That way these business get used to the idea that there are multiple people carrying guns in their business on a regular business and they are only disturbed by the one's that they see. :shocker:

+1

davidmcbeth

Banned
May I suggest....

When I go to the movies (once or twice a year), I carry CC into the movie theater.

When it is time to leave, I carry OC out and through the lobby....

And then you tell people the management was giving out free guns upon entry into the theater ! Brilliant!

Jeff Hayes

Ah....

Simply amazing, this is very similar to what I do.

Metalhead47

**** em, get Netflix

Actually Netflix pretty much sucks for new releases. Or ANYTHING other than old movies, B movies, & Anime. VUDU is much better :p

But back on topic, I'll concur too. If you can't avoid the "Three Big NO's" best to just conceal, once you are able. Mean time go watch "Elfen Lied" on Netflix, better than anything Hollywood's done lately :cool:

Jay Jacobs

Ah....

Good call.

Thor80

Ah....

I go to the three rarely, but when I do I carry CC and when my business is done I OC on the way out.

These are the big 3, almost everyone here takes GoGo's approach if you HAVE to visit one of them after you get your CPL. Either way, don't expect to stay long if you OC at these places. The only other place that I've been told no OC in Spokane Valley is Pawn 1. I wont go back there due to the lack of respect I was given and an unanswered email from their corporate office. Other than that as you noticed during your outings today there isn't a whole lot of problems around here, but it's a given that one day you will be confronted. Best advice is to stay cool, calm and respectful during it. :)

P.S. Go to the Donut Parade on Saturday with us, best donuts around town!

-Thor

Superduty

These are the big 3, almost everyone here takes GoGo's approach if you HAVE to visit one of them after you get your CPL. Either way, don't expect to stay long if you OC at these places. The only other place that I've been told no OC in Spokane Valley is Pawn 1. I wont go back there due to the lack of respect I was given and an unanswered email from their corporate office. Other than that as you noticed during your outings today there isn't a whole lot of problems around here, but it's a given that one day you will be confronted. Best advice is to stay cool, calm and respectful during it. :)

P.S. Go to the Donut Parade on Saturday with us, best donuts around town!

-Thor

I want to make the donut parade on Saturday...what time? I am actually moving into my new house this weekend..if its not to far maybe I can sneak over for some coffee. Also what's the location? Valley? Or spokane? I am moving into a home in mill wood near felts airfield.

Shane

Thor80

I want to make the donut parade on Saturday...what time? I am actually moving into my new house this weekend..if its not to far maybe I can sneak over for some coffee. Also what's the location? Valley? Or spokane? I am moving into a home in mill wood near felts airfield.

Shane

It's east Spokane. 9am. I started a new thread for it on the main forum with a google map link. It's probably about 10 minutes or so from felts field. Take Trent east then continue on mission take right on Hamilton then a few blocks and it's right on the corner of Hamilton and Illinois. Hope to see you there!

-Thor

Last edited:

amlevin

For $42 I'd either consider Netflix or just buy the DVD. Not to mention the price of gas, talking patrons, shouting kids, and spilled drinks leaving a sticky floor behind.

For what it costs today to go the movies one could make the payments on a complete Hi Def Home theater. Open carry all you want. Also, the chance of getting asked to leave if you "get frisky" with the wife/girlfriend is definitely less.

country.hacker

I know it's pretty far north for most of you guys, but I've OCd at the Village Center Cinemas at Wandermere probably 12-15 times, and have nothing but good things to say about the place. The only time I was ever approached by an employee was about a week after Aurora, I had been sitting in the theater for about 10 minutes when an employee walked in, looking the crowd over. He peered at me for a minute then came over and said that they had received some complaints about a MWAG, and that while he couldn't DO anything about it, asked me to please conceal. I pointed out that sitting in my seat like I was, I was pretty concealed at that point, and he laughed and agreed that it had taken him a few minutes to pick me out.

So yeah, as far as OC friendly, go North young man. I HAVE successfully OCd at the downtown AMC and Northtown's Regal, but that was probably because nobody noticed.

Unrelated, I'm bummed I won't make it to the meetup this Saturday, my wife and I are driving over to Seattle to run in the Tough Mudder. :-/ Have to catch you all next time.

imalurker

Went to Taco Bell for lunch in liberty lake. Normal.

Went to camping world off I-90 in liberty city also. Normal.

Thought we would go to see judge dredd. Spokane valley mall. Payed for tickets. Went to rest room. Got our seats....then decided to go order popcorn and and some drinks. Manager approached and asked me to leave.

I said not a problem...told my wife and son lets go.

24.00 tickets refunded

18.00 in concessions refunded.

Told them I will not return.

So I called amc in downtown spokane and they have the same policy.

Oh well no movies for me here.

Shane

Apparently you missed the no firearms sign while standing in line. It's right below one of the billboards to the left of the ATM.