• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mayors Send Opposition Letter HB5225

TheQ

I am not trying to start a inhouse gun owners fight. And I can see why people want registration, (I do think they are misguided) but we need to fall into line with the rest or the free country.

I can also see how you (The Q)cant be everywhere to fight every fight but saying "WE SUPPORT HB5225" isnt going to take alot of time. And if all the org. in MI did maybe the governor wouldnt be so ready to just appease the firearms community so his buddys get elected (or reelected) in Nov.

With all that said I am taking my fight to the inside, see you in the members area tonight.

I'm a Ron Paul person since this last election cycle I have become much more active within the Republican Party, not because I like to party where it is but rather because I want to change where it is headed.

I'm unsure if I will seek a second term next summer at this time. If I decide not to, I'll be looking to groom a successor. While the choice is ultimately up to the membership, I'd like to prepare someone to be my successor and endorse them should I decide to not re-up.

Last edited:

Yance

I'm confused, how is it bad form?

The mayors say that current law helps prevent guns from being in the hands of criminals, criminals do not go to the police station for a background check and to obtain a purchase permit, otherwise if they did the law would then prevent them from buying a firearm. However criminals that know they cannot legally buy a firearm do not go to the police station, they simply buy one on the street, illegally. Therefore if criminals actually attempted to buy a firearm legally they would be stopped and the law would have some merit, but since they do not the fact that they are claiming it prevents this from happening is laughable at best. Ask any officer who pulls a gun off of a criminal if it was registered, ask the criminal if he obtained a purchase permit for it, the answer to both will probably be no.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You guys should welcome a FGFSZ arrest/conviction. It's a guaranteed SCOTUS victory.

TheQ

You guys should welcome a FGFSZ arrest/conviction. It's a guaranteed SCOTUS victory.

You got the $100,000 to get the case there?

Don't be so sure on the victory. SCotUS has accepted some pretty warped interpretations of the commerce clause and have historically thrown 2A under the bus.

Yance

To suggest in ANY way that PP's and registration can or will ever work. Even in the utopia you laid out.

Ooohh now I see what you were referring to. Dont get me wrong, I personally think the PP and registration are a waste of time and we should be able to enjoy the same freedoms with pistols we do with long guns, I was simply trying to point out that for the current law to work criminals will have to do exactly the opposite of what they are doing right now, which obviously wont happen.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Ooohh now I see what you were referring to. Dont get me wrong, I personally think the PP and registration are a waste of time and we should be able to enjoy the same freedoms with pistols we do with long guns, I was simply trying to point out that for the current law to work criminals will have to do exactly the opposite of what they are doing right now, which obviously wont happen.

You forgot the purple font on that post:lol:

stainless1911

Banned
Leaning towards pfz removal.

I don't think there's a chance in hell for the registration bill to pass.

Let's get what we can from this cluster$@&# of a pro2a legislature.

Why not? I think it might pass because the police are tired of tracking law abiding citizens, and it costs the state millions to maintain it.

Best way to approach this, is to talk up the money.

Posted in wrong thread...

I know ;)

Last edited:

TheQ

Bite your tongue, sir! No one has ever accused MOC of being classy.

I mentioned that in PM ;)

I said if you want a guy who will always be professional and never state what's on his mind in raw form, I'm the wrong guy.

If you want a guy who is dedicated to thinking about things in a rational manner and work hard -- I'll do that!

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I mentioned that in PM ;)

I said if you want a guy who will always be professional and never state what's on his mind in raw form, I'm the wrong guy.

If you want a guy who is dedicated to thinking about things in a rational manner and work hard -- I'll do that!

You sound like Romney....