Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feds busting weed dealers in CA - will hurt Obama in NOV?

Banned

Feds busting weed dealers in CA - will hurt Obama in NOV?

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Obama will win California by a comfortable margin. (unless somehow 7 million people get deported from the state)
    I agree.
    Even though Obummer has once again lied and went back on his word, I highly doubt that all of the medical marijuana user's are all of a sudden going to vote for Romney.
    Even though Pual Ryan has publicly stated that he supports states rights regarding medical marijuana.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

It's moved a number of the Obama voters I know into the Johnson camp. But some people here would tell you that a vote for Johnson is like a vote for Obama
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    I'm failing to understand exactly how the Feds have jurisdiction over a plant that is prescribed, grown, sold and consumed in one state? There's no interstate commerce going on... They are completely taking a steaming crap all over the 10th amendment, and California doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.

Obama will win California by a comfortable margin. (unless somehow 7 million people get deported from the state)
    Agreed, I'm guessing by at least 10 points, so he loses 1 point, the outcome is the same.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    I'm failing to understand exactly how the Feds have jurisdiction over a plant that is prescribed, grown, sold and consumed in one state? There's no interstate commerce going on... They are completely taking a steaming crap all over the 10th amendment, and California doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.
    Because back in the easily part of the 20th century when the government and religious groups were pumping out anti-drug hysteria, the federal government made marijuana a taxable product and to get the tax stamp to purchase marijuana is extremely difficult.

The whole ban on Marijuana is actually based in racism and not crime related. If you go back and look at the history of drug laws in the US, the government thought that Marijuana cased black and Hispanic men to go out and rape white women in America.

Thus leading to the regulation of Marijuana.
    Much like our ridiculous gun laws, the war on drugs and drug laws are 99% of the time enacted and enforced based on pure emotion and not logic.

Unfortunately, this is still all to present today.

If the US would take a hint from Israel, Switzerland and Portugal drug policy model. We would not only put the drug dealers out of business in our country, we would also keep addiction down and drug related crime would drastically fall too.

But this would mean that A LOT of privatized prison system in the US would go out of business considering that most people in the USA are incarcerated for NON-violent drug crimes.

You think we are living in a free county? Then how come with a population of roughly 350 million people, we have more adults in prison that China?

I personally dont use drugs, and I only drink alcohol maybe twice a year. But I believe that a grown adult should have absolute control over his/her body and the government should keep out of our medicine and gun cabinets all together.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig229 View Post
    But I believe that a grown adult should have absolute control over his/her body and the government should keep out of our medicine and gun cabinets all together.
    Your talking silliness. People being free to make their own choices? Where do you think you live?
    Also what would we do with all the billions of taxes wasted on the war a drugs? What would we do with all the money wasted on jailing non-violent drug criminals?
    What we would do if we couldn't hold the prestigious tittle of the country that imprisons more of it's citizens then the entire rest of the world!

Visit Learnliberty.org and check out the videos. They are amazing.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Ask Kagan and Sotomayor, they seem to believe that the commerce clause allows the feds to regulate ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Thankfully Justice Roberts didnt allow a precedent setting case to determine that but hey, whats the harm in letting Obama appoint some more justices ?
    It's adorable that you're trying to make him look like a hero in that decision. He did nothing more or less than take a politically-expedient middle ground resulting in something even worse than allowing it under the Commerce Clause. By granting the federal government the ability to cast any deterrent as a tax, he's given the federal government the same result, but with even less definition surrounding it. They can make everyone buy broccoli by imposing a tax on those who don't. And, instead of it simply being regulation, they also get to grab more of our money. So says John Roberts.

Big-government folks have always preferred taxation to regulation. Always. They don't give a damn what you do, as long as you're giving them money. This decision was a gift to the big-government folks, who control both of your parties, and of whom Mitt Romney is a proud member.

Son, you've really gotta stop flailing about for any and every reason to back the party. You look ridiculous.

Dude!!......It will only hurt Obama if the potheads remember to go out and vote and are able to remember before they vote why their pot is harder to get. This is all predicated on the fact that the potheads do not have pot on election day of course, and remember who it was that made it more difficult for them to have pot on election day.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Dude!!......It will only hurt Obama if the potheads remember to go out and vote and are able to remember before they vote why their pot is harder to get. This is all predicated on the fact that the potheads do not have pot on election day of course, and remember who it was that made it more difficult for them to have pot on election day.
    They'll be sober by them .. no more weed anymore

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Yeah, because everyone who uses MMJ for relief of pain and other symptoms has the mental capacity of Cheech and Chong. Nice.

Because they say so, that's how. And if you don't like it, what are you going to do about it?

The legal basis is that the FDR administration prosecuted a farmer for growing wheat on his own farm, for his own consumption. By not buying wheat, he "affected" interstate commerce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

In the GWB administration, there was a practically identical case over marijuana. Same ruling, same justification.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich

The entire reasoning behind the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937, and the National Firearms Act of 1934, was that Congress knew they had no legal authority to ban marijuana or certain firearms, so they decided to tax them out of the marketplace. Then Congress gave them almost carte-blanche authority over everything, and they ran with it. They turned the power to ban anything over to bureaucrats with the creation of drug schedules under the Controlled Substances Act, then took their own turn at banning with the post-'86 machinegun ban, and the AWB.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Because they say so, that's how. And if you don't like it, what are you going to do about it?

Move to another state !

I'm failing to understand exactly how the Feds have jurisdiction over a plant that is prescribed, grown, sold and consumed in one state?
    It's pretty simple. The man with the biggest gun makes the rules.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Yeah, because everyone who uses MMJ for relief of pain and other symptoms has the mental capacity of Cheech and Chong. Nice.
    Relief of pain.....too funny. There must be a very very very large segment of the US population that is afflicted and require weed to ease their pain and suffering.....sure there are.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Now the truth is revealed http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...est=latestnews. Those enamored with "de ganja" are not to blame for their behavior and paranoia, they just need to roll a fatty and chill.

What I got from that article is that smoking Marijuana is no worse than smoking a cigarette and that withdrawal is safer and far less severe than with alcohol.

The new findings, along with previous work, suggest cannabis withdrawal should be added as a disorder to the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), Allsop said.
    You must have read a different article.

You must have read a different article.
    Even if it is as bad for people as the Repubs want to make out, so what? What justifies the gov locking someone up for using it?

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Even if it is as bad for people as the Repubs want to make out, so what? What justifies the gov locking someone up for using it?
    There is a democrat in office that could end locking someone up for using it with a stroke of a pen. Yet he does not.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    There is a democrat in office that could end locking someone up for using it with a stroke of a pen. Yet he does not.
    Not sure what your getting at. If you think I believe the dems want to preserve man's freedom any more than the repubs your wrong.

Is anyone paying attention on this issue?

The Feds have been busting State sanctioned operations while seeking out their own "sanctioned growers". Now who in DC do you think pushed that forward? The head doper himself.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Not sure what your getting at. If you think I believe the dems want to preserve man's freedom any more than the repubs your wrong.
    It is very simple, Obama could legalize pot with an executive order, you implied it was republicans keeping it illegal and locking people up. As far a Gary(I don't know which party I am) he is a republican, and is not any more freedom loving than the rest. After all he does not support the second amendment, he supports privileges instead of rights. There is no reason to believe he would legalize pot~even if he would make claims of so. He would flop flop just like he did with parties.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast