• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Feds busting weed dealers in CA - will hurt Obama in NOV?

Ca Patriot

Obama will win California by a comfortable margin. (unless somehow 7 million people get deported from the state)

Sig229

Obama will win California by a comfortable margin. (unless somehow 7 million people get deported from the state)

I agree.
Even though Obummer has once again lied and went back on his word, I highly doubt that all of the medical marijuana user's are all of a sudden going to vote for Romney.
Even though Pual Ryan has publicly stated that he supports states rights regarding medical marijuana.

Tawnos

It's moved a number of the Obama voters I know into the Johnson camp. But some people here would tell you that a vote for Johnson is like a vote for Obama :rolleyes:

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
I'm failing to understand exactly how the Feds have jurisdiction over a plant that is prescribed, grown, sold and consumed in one state? There's no interstate commerce going on... They are completely taking a steaming crap all over the 10th amendment, and California doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.

Ca Patriot

I'm failing to understand exactly how the Feds have jurisdiction over a plant that is prescribed, grown, sold and consumed in one state? There's no interstate commerce going on... They are completely taking a steaming crap all over the 10th amendment, and California doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.

Ask Kagan and Sotomayor, they seem to believe that the commerce clause allows the feds to regulate ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Thankfully Justice Roberts didnt allow a precedent setting case to determine that but hey, whats the harm in letting Obama appoint some more justices ?

Sig229

Because back in the easily part of the 20th century when the government and religious groups were pumping out anti-drug hysteria, the federal government made marijuana a taxable product and to get the tax stamp to purchase marijuana is extremely difficult.

The whole ban on Marijuana is actually based in racism and not crime related. If you go back and look at the history of drug laws in the US, the government thought that Marijuana cased black and Hispanic men to go out and rape white women in America.

Thus leading to the regulation of Marijuana.
Much like our ridiculous gun laws, the war on drugs and drug laws are 99% of the time enacted and enforced based on pure emotion and not logic.

Unfortunately, this is still all to present today.

If the US would take a hint from Israel, Switzerland and Portugal drug policy model. We would not only put the drug dealers out of business in our country, we would also keep addiction down and drug related crime would drastically fall too.

But this would mean that A LOT of privatized prison system in the US would go out of business considering that most people in the USA are incarcerated for NON-violent drug crimes.

You think we are living in a free county? Then how come with a population of roughly 350 million people, we have more adults in prison that China?

I personally dont use drugs, and I only drink alcohol maybe twice a year. But I believe that a grown adult should have absolute control over his/her body and the government should keep out of our medicine and gun cabinets all together.

Ca Patriot

But this would mean that A LOT of privatized prison system in the US would go out of business considering that most people in the USA are incarcerated for NON-violent drug crimes.

The vast majority of prisons in America are government and not private.

In California the biggest donor to oppose the legalization of marijuana initiative was the prison unions and police unions.

twoskinsonemanns

But I believe that a grown adult should have absolute control over his/her body and the government should keep out of our medicine and gun cabinets all together.

Your talking silliness. People being free to make their own choices? Where do you think you live?
Also what would we do with all the billions of taxes wasted on the war a drugs? What would we do with all the money wasted on jailing non-violent drug criminals?
What we would do if we couldn't hold the prestigious tittle of the country that imprisons more of it's citizens then the entire rest of the world!

[video=youtube_share;lUt_fIB6A_Y]http://youtu.be/lUt_fIB6A_Y[/video]

Visit Learnliberty.org and check out the videos. They are amazing.

()pen(arry

Ask Kagan and Sotomayor, they seem to believe that the commerce clause allows the feds to regulate ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. Thankfully Justice Roberts didnt allow a precedent setting case to determine that but hey, whats the harm in letting Obama appoint some more justices ?

It's adorable that you're trying to make him look like a hero in that decision. He did nothing more or less than take a politically-expedient middle ground resulting in something even worse than allowing it under the Commerce Clause. By granting the federal government the ability to cast any deterrent as a tax, he's given the federal government the same result, but with even less definition surrounding it. They can make everyone buy broccoli by imposing a tax on those who don't. And, instead of it simply being regulation, they also get to grab more of our money. So says John Roberts.

Big-government folks have always preferred taxation to regulation. Always. They don't give a damn what you do, as long as you're giving them money. This decision was a gift to the big-government folks, who control both of your parties, and of whom Mitt Romney is a proud member.

Son, you've really gotta stop flailing about for any and every reason to back the party. You look ridiculous.

OC for ME

Dude!!......It will only hurt Obama if the potheads remember to go out and vote and are able to remember before they vote why their pot is harder to get. This is all predicated on the fact that the potheads do not have pot on election day of course, and remember who it was that made it more difficult for them to have pot on election day.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Dude!!......It will only hurt Obama if the potheads remember to go out and vote and are able to remember before they vote why their pot is harder to get. This is all predicated on the fact that the potheads do not have pot on election day of course, and remember who it was that made it more difficult for them to have pot on election day.

They'll be sober by them .. no more weed anymore ;)

Ca Patriot

Son, you've really gotta stop flailing about for any and every reason to back the party. You look ridiculous.

How ironic. I dont support any party. In fact, if you could open your eyes for a few seconds you would see I am pretty ardent Libertarian.

Just sit there and enjoy the gun rights that were granted by Roberts and Alito and i'll sit here and bemoan the money and freedom taken from me by Kagan and Sotomayor.

Last edited:

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association

Yeah, because everyone who uses MMJ for relief of pain and other symptoms has the mental capacity of Cheech and Chong. Nice.

KBCraig

Because they say so, that's how. And if you don't like it, what are you going to do about it?

The legal basis is that the FDR administration prosecuted a farmer for growing wheat on his own farm, for his own consumption. By not buying wheat, he "affected" interstate commerce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

In the GWB administration, there was a practically identical case over marijuana. Same ruling, same justification.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich

The entire reasoning behind the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937, and the National Firearms Act of 1934, was that Congress knew they had no legal authority to ban marijuana or certain firearms, so they decided to tax them out of the marketplace. Then Congress gave them almost carte-blanche authority over everything, and they ran with it. They turned the power to ban anything over to bureaucrats with the creation of drug schedules under the Controlled Substances Act, then took their own turn at banning with the post-'86 machinegun ban, and the AWB.

OC for ME

Yeah, because everyone who uses MMJ for relief of pain and other symptoms has the mental capacity of Cheech and Chong. Nice.
Relief of pain.....too funny. There must be a very very very large segment of the US population that is afflicted and require weed to ease their pain and suffering.....sure there are.