Thread: 12 Yr Old Cited for Discharging an Airsoft Gun

12 Yr Old Cited for Discharging an Airsoft Gun

12 Yr Old Cited for Discharging an Airsoft Gun
    I found this to be rather interesting, thought you all might too.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/video?clipId=7740902
    Last edited by Devon; 09-26-2012 at 06:25 PM.

As far as I know, it's a common definition for discharging firearms laws. Texas has the definitions. It's ridiculous if you ask me.

My friends and I always use to play around with these within city limits 2-3years ago, I'm 22 now. We were smarter and played in a big wooded yard further away from other houses. We never got bothered by cops but dont think they were ever informed. I have heard of other people that chased each other around in a front yard playing around and got the cops called by a crabby nabor. They just got warnings. I live about 1-2hrs north of Mankato in Anoka county. I did ask the cops 2-3 years ago how this law is inforced and they said anything that has a projectile is cover under this law. So I guess that covers: blow guns, sling shots, nerf guns,guns, bb guns, airsoft, paint ball, even a sling shot for a dog tennis ball thrower "could" be coved. I told the cop this law was poorly written and totaly up to the cop to choose by his own interpretation of the law and personal beliefs with nothing but a smile back from the cop...

Banned
    What ! No waiting period to buy a BB gun? Anarchy in Minnesota !

But wait, can we discuss this matter any further ?

Police have NO DUTY or legal obligation to write citations for the breaking of a law. They have what is called "officer discretion". It's essentially the same as "jury nullification" ut practiced BY the government, not by the people against the government.

If a cop doesn't want to write a ticket, there is nothing in the law saying they have to. The cop who wrote this ticket is a thug, and a mindless sheeple incapable of exercising individual critical thought, plain and simple.

I hope this kid gets a good lawyer, and gets this charge expunged from his record.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964