What general safety, maintenance, and site requirements must i meet?
You must: (1) Operate the center:
(a) On an environmentally safe site;
(b) In a neighborhood free from conditions detrimental to the children's welfare; and
(c) In a location accessible to health and emergency service.
(2) Ensure that you maintain indoor and outdoor premises in a safe and sanitary condition, free of hazards, and in good repair;
(3) Ensure that furniture and equipment are safe, stable, durable, and age-appropriate;
(4) Maintain a flashlight or other emergency lighting device in working condition;
(5) Finish or cover rough or untreated wood surfaces;
(6) Maintain one or more telephones in working order, readily accessible to staff and children;
(7) Supply bathrooms and other rooms subject to moisture with washable, moisture-impervious flooring;
(8) Ensure staff can gain rapid access in an emergency to a bathroom or other room children may occupy;
(9) Shield light bulbs and tubes in child-accessible areas;
(10) Keep the premises free from rodents, fleas, cockroaches, and other insects and pests;
(11) Ensure no firearm or other weapon is on the premises;