Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen XD9..be on the lookout please

Stolen XD9..be on the lookout please

Well, Just had my car broken into;inside my detached garage. They were rather kind scum i guess since they only broke my quarter rear window(the tiny one) as soon as i saw that i thought
    immediately that it was someone in my complex. I then found earplugs heading into the interior of my complex so my hunch was right. Anyway long story short they took my stereo and my Springfield XD9 4" service out of my trunk. Ill post the serial number so if you come across anyone trying to sell it or a friend in the market for one please make them aware. US869243.

Re: Stolen XD9..be on the lookout please

That sucks. I guess someone won't ever leave a firearm in their trunk again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    what would the earplugs be for?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post

Well thnx for the reply..I didn't know my mom was cruising the forums..

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Kudos to you for keeping the serial number. I have to remind myself every so often to update my list and copy it to multiple places.

I assume you reported it stolen to the po po's...hope it gets recovered in a pawn shop rather than at a crime scene.

so if your home gets broken into and all your firearms stolen can we tell you that someone wont be leaving their firearms in their house again? Really?

Come up with a better line or troll somewhere else.
    Last edited by PFC HALE; 09-27-2012 at 03:02 AM.
    HOPE FOR THE BEST, EXPECT THE WORST, PREPARE FOR WAR

Quote Originally Posted by okiebryan View Post
    Kudos to you for keeping the serial number. I have to remind myself every so often to update my list and copy it to multiple places.

I assume you reported it stolen to the po po's...hope it gets recovered in a pawn shop rather than at a crime scene.
    Yup i did... Hopefully its the former not the latter..

Quote Originally Posted by skopro View Post
    Yup i did... Hopefully its the former not the latter..
    hope you get it back skopro, worst nightmare having a firearm stolen! isnt firearm theft a felony these days?

That sucks

There made your post less dickish...

Btw I typed this with my middle finger... I'm helping!

Most items are stolen by people you know.

You guys are ridiculous. Don't you know if your firearm is stolen it's your fault.
    Don't blame the scumbag waste of life thief, he's just trying to make his own way.

BTW also kuddos on the SN retention. I know plenty of people who wouldn't have that info.
    I also personally know someone who got a stolen firearm returned to them after a criminal was caught with it. In MD no less.
    Last edited by twoskinsonemanns; 09-27-2012 at 03:33 AM.

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    You guys are ridiculous. Don't you know if your firearm is stolen it's your fault.
    Don't blame the scumbag waste of life thief, he's just trying to make his own way.
    you still got it all wrong, not only is it the owners fault for letting it get stolen, they should have had it in a buried safe in the backyard under 10' of concrete. guarded by bloodthirsty hounds and the secret service.

geeez get it right next time!
    Last edited by PFC HALE; 09-27-2012 at 03:53 AM.

I didn't get any flack from the cops..Only so many places to keep it, sad part is its my only pistol. I still have a Rifle, but im not made of money so it'll be a while til it gets replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by PFC HALE View Post
    you still got it all wrong, not only is it the owners fault for letting it get stolen, they should have had it in a buried safe in the backyard under 10' of concrete. guarded by bloodthirsty hounds and the secret service.

We're almost there don't forget the gun owner should be thrown in jail, Springfield should be sued and god himself should indicted for leaving the elements on earth to make gun powder and be forced to apologize to the thief who was tempted beyond his ability to resist through no fault of his own!

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    We're almost there don't forget the gun owner should be thrown in jail, Springfield should be sued and god himself should indicted for leaving the elements on earth to make gun powder and be forced to apologize to the thief who was tempted beyond his ability to resist through no fault of his own!
    hope skopro doesnt get sued from the thief shooting himself in the leg with a stolen pistol...

Man, that does suck. I know it's probably no consolation, but I've learned from this to keep my own record of serial numbers. I have 3 from my most recent purchases that I know I could produce if needed. But I have some that are older and handed down family stuff that has been in the family for years. I don't have those serial numbers stored anywhere. Will be doing that tonight at home. So thanks for sharing so that rest of us can learn. And I hope you'll be able to get your XD back.

sorry man, hope they track it to the pos.

What area are you in

Hope this gets resolved for you in a good way. I have all my firearms insured under my renters insurance policy (like $15 a month) so if that were to ever happen they have all my the info needed and I get a new gun.
    Last edited by GTShooter; 09-27-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Banned
    so if your home gets broken into and all your firearms stolen can we tell you that someone wont be leaving their firearms in their house again? Really?

Come up with a better line or troll somewhere else.
    ??? I have most of my guns in a gun safe, not all, but most. Plus I have a cat! Get past that guard cat crooks, meow...

Maybe a nice safe for the trunk , they make them.

Or a cat in the trunk.

Useful suggestions I think ...

Quote Originally Posted by GTShooter View Post
    Hope this gets resolved for you in a good way. I have all my firearms insured under my renters insurance policy (like $15 a month) so if that were to ever happen they have all my the info needed and I get a new gun.
    Yeah, thats crossed my mind. I just never got it since i don't have too many possessions; not a materialistic person. Given the circumstances however, i think i'll start to consider it. Does renters insurance cover theft from you car though?
    I'm somewhat mad more about arming a criminal than the fact they just broke in.

Campaign Veteran
    [deleted]
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 10-01-2012 at 01:54 PM.

10 feet? I thought it was SIX feet. Where'd I leave that sledgehammer and shovel? This is going to ruin my whole weekend.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Ok that goes to show you , its always better to talk to someone that knows what their talking about. I spoke with my wife and she says that what we have besides our renters is something called Personal Articles policy, its only $40(minimum premium) per year and yes it covers your things outside the house. So for example, I have a nice camera that I use when I go hiking. If I were to drop it or lose it in the mountains it would be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by skopro View Post
    Yeah, thats crossed my mind. I just never got it since i don't have too many possessions; not a materialistic person. Given the circumstances however, i think i'll start to consider it. Does renters insurance cover theft from you car though?
    I'm somewhat mad more about arming a criminal than the fact they just broke in.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudcroft View Post
    Look...regardless of the fact that a POS actually stole the item (that's their "job" so what would you expect), does that mean WE shouldn't take enough personal responsbility for securing ANY gun or other valuables left in our vehicles (don't ask me how I know: I live (presently, will be leaving TX the Summer 2013) in the crime-ridden Greater Houston, TX, metroplex area)? THEN if it's stolen, at least WE did our part trying to prevent it or at the very least make it harder. And we can tell the police we TRIED to act responsbly when they write up the crime report, and can say "YES, I DID have the gun locked up/secured" (took at least "reasonable care" in securing it).

In my case, I have a small safe in my SUV: WHilte it (everyday) hold my BOB (Bug-Out-Bag) there's enough extra room in it so I can put a handgun, digital camera and netbook in it when I park and go into a store/restaurant, especially if the car is out of sight and I can't see it from inside the building. Can criminals still get my stuff? Yes, but it's going to take some serious effort. At the very least, I keep a pair of handcuffs in the car, too, for a quick "securing" of a handgun. Could a criminal have a handcuff key on him? Yes, although likely not. But even if he did, the point is that I TRIED to secure my gun and in MOST cases, a smash&grab thief is not going to get my handcuffed handgun very quickly. Besides, the criminal could also have on him a bolt-cutter, angle-grinder, freon, plasma cutter...you name it. Who cares -- we could play "what if" forever -- just do SOMETHING to secure it.

Having an item in your vehicle's trunk UNsecured is like keeping your guns in your house/apartment "hidden" under the bed or in a closet -- they ain't "hidden" OR secured and a smash&grab POS will find it and be out your door before you can say "Sarah Brady is soft on crime."

I'm not blaming the gun-owner here for a CRIME -- the POS commited the crime -- just sayin' let's take SOME personal responsibility here and don't make it any EASIER for criminals than it often really IS for them.
    Are you then implying that taking the time to secure the handgun in the trunk is NOT taking any personal responsibility? The way I see it, there are obviously levels of securing. Taking no responsibility at all would be leaving the gun fully loaded on the seat and car unlocked in the driveway with the windows down. Taking the time put the gun out of sight and locking the doors is the next step. Putting it in a trunk and putting your car in the garage is a relatively reasonable step to secure it. Having a safe is a good idea if you can afford it, but you might want watch the Defcon-19 video on how easy it is to break into a safe in seconds if you think it's that hard. I mean you could go to the extreme and have it in a safe inside a safe and have that safe tied to the concrete of your drive way, but that might make it tough to drive the car.

All I'm saying is, the guy did exercise a pretty reasonable amount of responsibility. IOW, a reasonable person should expect that a locked vehicle in their own garage should be safe. I know it's not, but a reasonable person has that right to assume it should be. It's probably smart to have a safe in your car, but it's not the defining factor that suddenly concludes with skopro being irresponsible.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiushky View Post
    Are you then implying that taking the time to secure the handgun in the trunk is NOT taking any personal responsibility?
    Inside a locked car, that was inside a garage...
    This guy deserves no guilt whatsoever.

hope you get it back skopro, worst nightmare having a firearm stolen! isnt firearm theft a felony these days?
    Taking something from a vehicle is First Degree Trespassing, which is a felony. Also, it could be felony theft based on the value of the gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast