• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stolen XD9..be on the lookout please

skopro

Well, Just had my car broken into;inside my detached garage. They were rather kind scum i guess since they only broke my quarter rear window(the tiny one) as soon as i saw that i thought
immediately that it was someone in my complex. I then found earplugs heading into the interior of my complex so my hunch was right. Anyway long story short they took my stereo and my Springfield XD9 4" service out of my trunk. Ill post the serial number so if you come across anyone trying to sell it or a friend in the market for one please make them aware. US869243.

CCinMaine

That sucks. I guess someone won't ever leave a firearm in their trunk again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Kudos to you for keeping the serial number. I have to remind myself every so often to update my list and copy it to multiple places.

I assume you reported it stolen to the po po's...hope it gets recovered in a pawn shop rather than at a crime scene.

PFC HALE

That sucks. I guess someone won't ever leave a firearm in their trunk again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

so if your home gets broken into and all your firearms stolen can we tell you that someone wont be leaving their firearms in their house again? Really?

Come up with a better line or troll somewhere else.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

You guys are ridiculous. Don't you know if your firearm is stolen it's your fault.
Don't blame the scumbag waste of life thief, he's just trying to make his own way.

BTW also kuddos on the SN retention. I know plenty of people who wouldn't have that info.
I also personally know someone who got a stolen firearm returned to them after a criminal was caught with it. In MD no less.

Last edited:

PFC HALE

You guys are ridiculous. Don't you know if your firearm is stolen it's your fault.
Don't blame the scumbag waste of life thief, he's just trying to make his own way.

you still got it all wrong, not only is it the owners fault for letting it get stolen, they should have had it in a buried safe in the backyard under 10' of concrete. guarded by bloodthirsty hounds and the secret service.

geeez get it right next time!

Last edited:

skopro

I didn't get any flack from the cops..Only so many places to keep it, sad part is its my only pistol. I still have a Rifle, but im not made of money so it'll be a while til it gets replaced.

twoskinsonemanns

you still got it all wrong, not only is it the owners fault for letting it get stolen, they should have had it in a buried safe in the backyard under 10' of concrete. guarded by bloodthirsty hounds and the secret service.

geeez get it right next time!

We're almost there don't forget the gun owner should be thrown in jail, Springfield should be sued and god himself should indicted for leaving the elements on earth to make gun powder and be forced to apologize to the thief who was tempted beyond his ability to resist through no fault of his own!

PFC HALE

We're almost there don't forget the gun owner should be thrown in jail, Springfield should be sued and god himself should indicted for leaving the elements on earth to make gun powder and be forced to apologize to the thief who was tempted beyond his ability to resist through no fault of his own!

hope skopro doesnt get sued from the thief shooting himself in the leg with a stolen pistol...

mobiushky

Man, that does suck. I know it's probably no consolation, but I've learned from this to keep my own record of serial numbers. I have 3 from my most recent purchases that I know I could produce if needed. But I have some that are older and handed down family stuff that has been in the family for years. I don't have those serial numbers stored anywhere. Will be doing that tonight at home. So thanks for sharing so that rest of us can learn. And I hope you'll be able to get your XD back.

GTShooter

What area are you in

Hope this gets resolved for you in a good way. I have all my firearms insured under my renters insurance policy (like $15 a month) so if that were to ever happen they have all my the info needed and I get a new gun.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
so if your home gets broken into and all your firearms stolen can we tell you that someone wont be leaving their firearms in their house again? Really?

Come up with a better line or troll somewhere else.

??? I have most of my guns in a gun safe, not all, but most. Plus I have a cat! Get past that guard cat crooks, meow...

Maybe a nice safe for the trunk , they make them.

Or a cat in the trunk.

Useful suggestions I think ...

skopro

Hope this gets resolved for you in a good way. I have all my firearms insured under my renters insurance policy (like $15 a month) so if that were to ever happen they have all my the info needed and I get a new gun.

Yeah, thats crossed my mind. I just never got it since i don't have too many possessions; not a materialistic person. Given the circumstances however, i think i'll start to consider it. Does renters insurance cover theft from you car though?
I'm somewhat mad more about arming a criminal than the fact they just broke in.