• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should Massage Parlor "Masseuses" be allowed to carry firearms?

amlevin

OK, the title is just to make this post OC relevant.

Recently, a rapist was attacking women he engaged in Massage Parlor/Clinics. Supposedly used a knife to force them into unwanted sex.

Well now they have a suspect under arrest. Guess who it turned out to be? A prominent Seattle Attorney who is not only a Shareholder/Partner in the law firm of Bailey Grant Onsager. He's the "second name on the door". Not just a high priced attorney but " has handled appeals for the Washington Court of Appeals, the Washington Supreme Court, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, according to his personal Web site. He has also worked for the Seattle City Attorney's Office."

http://mynorthwest.com/11/863860/Wanted-massage-parlor-sex-assault-suspect-arrested

So back to the original discussion, should massage parlor employees be allowed to arm themselves? Who knows when they may run into a lawyer from a big firm, right? ;);)

Fallschirjmäger

Everyone not prohibited from bearing arms, should be encouraged do do so. And quite likely, many of those prohibited should have All their rights restored, even criminals should be afforded the opportunity to protect themselves from being mugged.

Contrarian

massage parlor employees armed?

@Amlevin:

"So back to the original discussion, should massage parlor employees be allowed to arm themselves? Who knows when they may run into a lawyer from a big firm, right?"

I suspect a little tongue in cheek here as we all support the choice of citizens to be armed.

Vitaeus

Being married to a Licensed Massage Practitioner, who absolutely detests being called a "masseuse", since most folks hear a completely different word when it is said, I would have to vote for her right to keep and bear arms. She open or concealed carries depending on the effect it will have on her business.

davidmcbeth

Banned
@Amlevin:

"So back to the original discussion, should massage parlor employees be allowed to arm themselves? Who knows when they may run into a lawyer from a big firm, right?"

I suspect a little tongue in cheek here as we all support the choice of citizens to be armed.

http://www.masseuses_for_the_right_to_carry.com website that covers this topic pretty well.

Consensus there: up to employer if they can and support for folks who wish to

Difdi

Everyone not prohibited from bearing arms, should be encouraged do do so. And quite likely, many of those prohibited should have All their rights restored, even criminals should be afforded the opportunity to protect themselves from being mugged.

Maybe. The old English Common Law definition of an outlaw was someone who was literally outside the law due to their crimes and general behavior. Someone who acted as if he were above the law could easily find himself below it.

An outlaw was not expected to obey the law, but also derived no protection from the law. If someone hunted, captured, tortured, killed, skinned, stuffed and mounted an outlaw, the law was okay with that.

Not every criminal is an outlaw. Most aren't. But some of the habitual offenders present a pretty good case for it...

Last edited:

Metalhead47

Maybe. The old English Common Law definition of an outlaw was someone who was literally outside the law due to their crimes and general behavior. Someone who acted as if he were above the law could easily find himself below it.

An outlaw was not expected to obey the law, but also derived no protection from the law. If someone hunted, captured, tortured, killed, skinned, stuffed and mounted an outlaw, the law was okay with that.

Not every criminal is an outlaw. Most aren't. But some of the habitual offenders present a pretty good case for it...

Interesting..... cite plz?

rapgood

OK, the title is just to make this post OC relevant.

Recently, a rapist was attacking women he engaged in Massage Parlor/Clinics. Supposedly used a knife to force them into unwanted sex.

Well now they have a suspect under arrest. Guess who it turned out to be? A prominent Seattle Attorney who is not only a Shareholder/Partner in the law firm of Bailey Grant Onsager. He's the "second name on the door". Not just a high priced attorney but " has handled appeals for the Washington Court of Appeals, the Washington Supreme Court, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, according to his personal Web site. He has also worked for the Seattle City Attorney's Office."

So back to the original discussion, should massage parlor employees be allowed to arm themselves? Who knows when they may run into a lawyer from a big firm, right? ;);)

Thanks for limiting it to lawyers from big firms! :lol:

amlevin

@Amlevin:

Make that "a lot of tongue in cheek". I figured that the question posed would keep the thread alive while we discussed the peripheral issue of the "Prominent Attorney" turned Criminal ;);)

amlevin

Thanks for limiting it to lawyers from big firms! :lol:

Well aren't they the ones that consider themselves better than all the rest?:)

Kind of makes the trip down a little more spectacular, right?;)

You't think that a guy like this, that probably makes a more than fair living, would be smart enough to just fly off to Amsterdam a couple times a year and live out his fantasies in places that make that their business. For the more economy minded I hear one can even do the same in various Nevada brothels/

oneeyeross

You't think that a guy like this, that probably makes a more than fair living, would be smart enough to just fly off to Amsterdam a couple times a year and live out his fantasies in places that make that their business. /

The one time I visited A'dam, I was a young buck sergeant with a wife touring the Netherlands right after re-enlisting. We turned down the wrong street and saw the shop windows with the young ladies selling their wares. Was good for me but my then wife didn't seem as interested in window shopping as I was....

aa1911

No reason why they shouldn't be allowed a firearm.

I'm coming to the idea that we should as a nation, just give EVERYONE a firearm. everyone. after a short while, the dummies will have either killed themselves or been killed, eliminating 90% of our troubles as LAC's.

until that day...

but employers get to do what they want concerning rules, so, if allowed, PLEASE carry a gun and do the right thing!

amlevin

The one time I visited A'dam, I was a young buck sergeant with a wife touring the Netherlands right after re-enlisting. We turned down the wrong street and saw the shop windows with the young ladies selling their wares. Was good for me but my then wife didn't seem as interested in window shopping as I was....

When I visited the "Canal District" with a group on leave, we all noticed guys that would kiss their wives or girlfriends, go into one of the "storefronts", and come back about a half hour later to resume their stroll. We found it hilarious. BTW, the window shopping was great.

amzbrady

“The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves in all cases to which they think themselves competent, or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of the press.”
Thomas Jefferson (letter to John Cartwright, 1824)

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

No reason why they shouldn't be allowed a firearm.

I'm coming to the idea that we should as a nation, just give EVERYONE a firearm. everyone. after a short while, the dummies will have either killed themselves or been killed, eliminating 90% of our troubles as LAC's.

until that day...

but employers get to do what they want concerning rules, so, if allowed, PLEASE carry a gun and do the right thing!

+1 Well except the give part, buy your own I don't want to have to pay for you gun or your food.

The overwhelming majority of "homocides" are done one thug to another. This is with the laws that are supposed to prevent them from owning firearms to begin with.