• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Atty Help

mustangkiller

I posted this in the TX forum but I thought I'd post here as well for a little more exposure. If mods see fit to delete this, I'll understand. In the mean time, here we go.....

As most of you know I was falsely charged with unlawful carry by a lic. holder a couple months back and had the case dismissed. It's now time to show certain people that they can't circumvent our rights willy-nilly. Im having a bit of a time finding a qualified atty to help me so I figured I'd come to you all and try to get some recommendations. Pm me or post up here if you know anyone who might be willing to help me. I might be grasping at straws but I had to try. If you are unfamiliar with my story, you can find it in the TX forum under the title, "I'm our test case". Thanx in advance guys and gals.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You are asking for a referral to a lawyer to pursue a 42 USC 1983 claim? I would think that almost any civil lawyer who can argue in federal court could handle this.

mustangkiller

You are asking for a referral to a lawyer to pursue a 42 USC 1983 claim? I would think that almost any civil lawyer who can argue in federal court could handle this.

I thought so too but it's proving to be more difficult than all that.

tyc

I thought so too but it's proving to be more difficult than all that.

It's proving more difficult only because you're not used to it. If you wish, drop me a note with your name and address and I'll get back to you and help start you off.

While you're at it, have a look at "going pro se" in the legal page on the main menu of these forums.

tyc