Thread: Some OC Citizens in Vaughn might be the best option...

Lynchburg, Virginia, USA

Some OC Citizens in Vaughn might be the best option...

With officers forbidden from carrying guns, New Mexico town's police force goes to the dog

Russell Contreras / AP
    The K-9 police truck of the Vaughn, N.M. Police Department sits in the driveway of former Vaughn Police Chief Ernest "Chris" Armijo on Wednesday, Sept. 26.

By NBC News and wire
    VAUGHN, N.M.-- A drug-sniffing dog now is the only certified member of the police force in the small eastern New Mexico town of Vaughn.

Follow @NBCNewsUS
    Police Chief Ernest "Chris" Armijo decided to step down Wednesday after news stories reported that he wasn't allowed to carry a gun because of his criminal background.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (

Campaign Veteran
    Colorado Springs, CO
    With a sorry corrupt police chief like that, seems like an OCer would be on thin ice. And most of that town is Hispanic (83.6%, population 446) meaning they likely vote strongly Democrat/Liberal -- so I wonder how THEY would react.

I've been to Vaughn many times as I go back & forth from TX to RR/ABQ, usually stopping at Penny's Diner...
    Last edited by cloudcroft; 09-27-2012 at 02:28 PM.