• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some OC Citizens in Vaughn might be the best option...

nuc65

Activist Member
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...exico-towns-police-force-goes-to-the-dog?lite

[h=1]With officers forbidden from carrying guns, New Mexico town's police force goes to the dog[/h]
120927-vaughn-police-nikka-720a.380;380;7;70;0.jpg
Russell Contreras / AP
The K-9 police truck of the Vaughn, N.M. Police Department sits in the driveway of former Vaughn Police Chief Ernest "Chris" Armijo on Wednesday, Sept. 26.

By NBC News and wire
VAUGHN, N.M.-- A drug-sniffing dog now is the only certified member of the police force in the small eastern New Mexico town of Vaughn.

Follow @NBCNewsUS
Police Chief Ernest "Chris" Armijo decided to step down Wednesday after news stories reported that he wasn't allowed to carry a gun because of his criminal background.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
With a sorry corrupt police chief like that, seems like an OCer would be on thin ice. And most of that town is Hispanic (83.6%, population 446) meaning they likely vote strongly Democrat/Liberal -- so I wonder how THEY would react.

I've been to Vaughn many times as I go back & forth from TX to RR/ABQ, usually stopping at Penny's Diner...

Last edited: